Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 cool box

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
Right, first question on my new 100, does the cool box have an on/off switch so it will not have a constant drain on the battery if the vehicle is not being used for a while? it will be left in my garage frequently without use. :think:

does anyone know how to remove cd stack changer right beside the cooler box? mine is 2003 LC 100 vx limited general european version. i'd like to install 2 usb port cigarette lighter a like plug behind the cooler box for rear passengers. exactly same coolbox as this one except my car is left hand drive.

gallery_used-car-carlist-toyota-land-cruiser-cygnus-suv-malaysia_2837471_756529734_v1sm.jpg

There are screws either side of the centre console that are hidden by the front seats, you will need to move the seats back and forward to see them, one of them each side you prob need a right angled screw driver, there also screws behind the cup holder at the rear of the console, I think you may have to remove screws at the sides further tward the gear leavers, so in other words you will need to remove the centre console.

The CD changer is held in with four screws/bolts, be careful when working around the cooler it's self, don't damage the pipe work or the cooler coil. Very expensive if you slip with a driver.

I have not done this job my self, but I have just had a look at mine, so there could be more steps involved, I don't think it will be a difficult job but might be a little time consuming.

Hope this will be a little help,

Good Luck.

does anyone know how to remove cd stack changer right beside the cooler box? mine is 2003 LC 100 vx limited general european version. i'd like to install 2 usb port cigarette lighter a like plug behind the cooler box for rear passengers. exactly same coolbox as this one except my car is left hand drive.

I have the standard cubby box with cd changer in the centre console - no doubt the internal layout of the console is different to accommodate the cooler box workings, but when I fitted the USB outlet I just pulled the panel around the rear heater controls at the back of the centre console outwards to gain access - dont recall any screws but may be mistaken. In my case there was just enough space to fit the outlet without removing the cd changer or changing anything in the console. I say just enough as the clip just above the outlet wont quite go in, as you can see below.

usb1.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
As I said, I was only looking at my config, for a start my rear heater/cooling controls are above the rear passengers head, not in the back of the console.

The console is not a self contained box, that is screwed to the floor, it'a made of component parts.

Here is a blown up diagram of the console, as well as a standard diagram to reference.

Screenshot 2020-02-14 at 13.33.49.png

You can't just lift the CD changer out, you need to get to the fixings at the bottom that hold the CD changer in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem Jibbarjabber. In fact, from the diagram, the back panel is held in place by two screws behind the cupholder. Simple enough. That is all I need to remove to install the USB outlet.

Thanks everyone !!! yesterday i removed all the screws lids removed seats and looked around for hours but couldnt detach the yellow cover plastic there is something is holding near the cooler on button where the lid locks on... anywayz i managed to slide out the cd changer and installed 2 usb ports on the back and small chinese UHF/VHF dual band mobile radio in the hole where you insert CDs :D today routed my coax cable electric wires and u know what the uhf radio is tucked away in the console box right beside the cooler :) the size of the stack cd changer is massive glad i managed to replace it with uhf/vhf ham radio. again thanks a lot everyone. i will be asking a lot of how to questions here on this forum :D

163836-186086b9b31b6da74891796d01aa5e6a.jpg

Hey Bovka
Am hoping you can help me., am having the same issue with trying to remove the console!!
Were you able to lift the console out? How did you manage to remove the cd changer without lifting it off ???

Cheers
Sheraz

Embarrassing, Ive had these LC's VX and Amazon's since 1986 and NEVER knew that was a cooler, are they any good? are we talking 4/5/6 degrees C. ?

Back