Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series Air con controls

warrenpfo

Does anyone know if one can get the below unit that controls the AC on a 100 as i cant seem to find a UK 100 that has them. Its where the tape deck goes on my car
6092881629_a2140b7025.jpg

I think that one is the only option for a post 2003 non-navi. Piece of junk anyhow. Extremely "user-unfriendly"

Many thanks, the reason i want the unit is its the only option i have of removing the current nav unit i have in my car so that i can install a carputor in the nav slot. The reason for this as i dont want to have another screen in the car for the carputor and keep the nav unit just so i can control the AC.....it seems a waste.

Do you think i could go to Toyota and ask them to source one?

Tony tried something like this a while back with the 120. He was trying to put the controls and radio from a LC5 into his 4. There were looms missing in the dash which the replacement needed, IIRC, the plugs for the aircon control where different (or something along those lines).

Try make sure yours is compatible before spending any money.

Yeah Crispin is right, on my 120 it I managed to find the touch screen and nav unit and various boxes that goes with it from a 120 that has them. Basically after a lot of pissing about and checking with Toyota it meant I needed a new wiring look circa £2k (from Toyota) so I decided it was just not woth it, and slod it all on at a loss :cry:

On another note, in your pic, I see it's a Centrafuse app..... although great, I am not sure I would go down this route again (I have the same in LB).. One of the main reasons for using Centrafuse was so that I could replace the head unit, and although it has a ok'ish interface for playing music etc, it has some serious shortcommings as far as bluetooth is concerned. I was hoping to use it for hands free calling, but there are delays, lots of echo's, noise etc making hands free calling a no go.

Also centrafuse does not support multichannel audio i.e. 4 channels. So even though I have added a 4 channel amp, I have bridged the inputs and my 4 speakers and just in sterio. Funny thing is it used to work before the last upgrade, but Centrafuse are not interested in looking at it :roll:

I think that they do a 30 day trial, so test it fully before you commit to Centrafuse. Not that there is a alternative. Makes you realise how much dev money goes into making the OEM radios/interfaces.

warrenpfo said:
Do you think i could go to Toyota and ask them to source one?
Make sure you take some lubrication with you :mrgreen:

Having some redundancy is no bad thing especially when one of the systems is PC based ;) I only tend to use my carpc for navigation and leave entertainment duties to the head unit / ipod which means I only bother mounting the extra screen when I need it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back