Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series failure to start

Robert Matthews

Country Flag
great_britain
my LC 100 series will not start, i have no power to the starter motor despite new batteries less than 1 year ago.
The fault appears when i go to start, first turn of key all dash lights come on as thery should, when turn to start nothing, any idea where to start tracing fault.

I am no expert but a couple of ideas, first, is the imobilzer ok, and there is a switch to only allow start in "P" and "N" (assuming it is Auto) or poss clutch down to strat problem

Starter motor solenoid fault, often a problem.
Click but no crank

Not to cause panic me and Jacob both had same problem of turn the key and non start which did turn out to be a cast alloy rod that had snapped between the key and switch at the bottom of the barrel an 80 rod won't fit and you will have to look for a scrapper to get the part and is a fatherless son to do see if you can get steering lock off when you turn the key remove key take off the plastic surrounds remove ignition switch two phillips type screws from bottom of barrel and see if it will start all I can do is wish you luck and I think there is something about Jacobs 100 switch problem on the summer pub chill out mine took me five days and as much stress as a suspension bridge in a hurricane

Back