Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 Series Standard Barn Door Tail Gate Handle

Aussie Nobby

Country Flag
australia
Hi All. It has been a while since I have posted a thread. Recently I have retired and have traveled around 14,000km exploring Western Australia from the Kimberley to Goldfields and the Forests of the South West of the state to name a few.

Come to Australia where we have many 4WD adventures

Recently the Tail Gate handle on my 100 Series (the barn door Type built 1999) broke. I'm not sure if gluing is wise unless anyone has had any good results. When I contacted the local Toyota dealer they advised that the whole light assembly had to be be purchased that contained the handle (quite expensive). I have looked at the 80 series and the handle looks very similar and can be purchased separately. Does anyone know if this part would be compatible. Toyota locally did not have any parts they could visually inspect to check.

Any advice is welcomed.

When mine broke on my 80 I got the same answer, and had to sell a kidney.

Other than a breakers’ yard, I see no alternative. For some reason, that lever has quite a lot of force on it to operate. Plastic wasn’t the most intelligent choice IMO...

You could try Amayama.com, Partsouq or Megazip. Unless you know of somebody with a 3D printer that can print you a replacement.

Clive & Star Cruiser - Thank you for your responses. I was finally able to locate a non genuine light assembly from a local supplier and all is fixed. Yesterday I was talking to a person who repairs landcruisers and he is confident that a lock from an 80 series would fit. These can be purchased at around 1/3 the price of the whole lamp assembly.

Clive & Star Cruiser - Thank you for your responses. I was finally able to locate a non genuine light assembly from a local supplier and all is fixed. Yesterday I was talking to a person who repairs landcruisers and he is confident that a lock from an 80 series would fit. These can be purchased at around 1/3 the price of the whole lamp assembly.
Interesting Nobby, would be a good one to try if you locate one. Let us know if you do. :thumbup:

Glad it’s sorted.

Back