Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

105 Series known problems?

nathan_s

Country Flag
australia
Hey, i was looking at getting a 2005 105 series cruiser, its 4.2L diesel, coil front and rear, is there any problems i should be wary of if purchasing this? its sat at original 170,000kms, Cheers

Same model and year as mine, they are a good 4x4 but a bit slow but will go anywhere
I have put turbo on mine at 150km and have not had any trouble as long as you dont go above 500c temp
and she pulls a 28ft caravan no troubles

Chassis and axles and gearboxes are pretty much bomb proof and derived from the 80 and 79 series so no worries there....you will have one of the best and most capable vehicles around....much more so than the current crop of IFS pickups ....
Condition is important but being you are in Aus rust is not likely to be an issue ....at 170.000 K properly serviced it's just run in .
Ultimate conversion would be to put a 1HD FTE in the engine bay ....

Well rust can be an issue around the windscreen. When the screen is replaced if the installer isn’t skilled they often damage the paint/use the wrong rivets creating a perfect rust haven. This then leaks and let’s water drip onto the kick wiring junctions causing further issues. Rare to get this bad but something to be aware of.

Also if dx (standard/POV pack) be aware of ex miners - 1 mine km = 100 non mine kms.

Otherwise, being the best car ever made (and probably ever will be), they’re a pretty safe buy

Same model and year as mine, they are a good 4x4 but a bit slow but will go anywhere
I have put turbo on mine at 150km and have not had any trouble as long as you dont go above 500c temp
and she pulls a 28ft caravan no troubles
Great overland vehicle. If you can do a 1HD FTE engine conversion it makes it one of the best ever . Exactly what I did.

Back