Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

105 series petro /gas

Mick1963

Hi , I have just bought a 105 series , 4.5 lt on petrol and gas , previous to buying the owner had a new gas change over switch fitted bellow the sub tank button , problem now is when I switch to sub , the car dies after a few seconds
Changed sub tank switch in dash , no change
Changed fuel tank solenoid above the rear diff , no change
The solenoids located behind the panel in the back of car click
I then ran a seperate feed to the solenoid above the diff , it clicked over , but still no change
So I hooked the suction line directly into the line from the sub tank , it would idle , but starved for fuel if I increased the revs and died
I can't return it to the people who did the change over on the gas switch
Also when I push the sub tank button in , the fuel senders both work and gauges reads from sub or main , I am leaning towards something gone a miss when they changed to gas change over switch , as it all apparently worked before then , am I correct in assuming , when the sub button is pushed in , I am on the main tank , button out on the sub , is it an option to bypass the solenoid altogether and fit a three way barbed t , and run on both tanks at the same time , not sure if this a option , any advice would be appreciated

Sounds like a clogged tank mounted filter lack of fuel or really old fuel in your sub tank. Gauges can stick, especially on unused tanks. Have you tried running it from a can of fuel into the pipe work from your sub tank through the solenoid valve?

Why was the switch changed in the first place?
What was wrong with the new switch that made you change it again?
What was wrong with the solenoid valve that made you fit a new one?

You may be better posting this in the 105 section as you will get guys with 105s looking there.

Welcome to the forum BTW. It would be great to hear a bit about you and your truck in the 'introduce yourself' section too.

Best wishes
Richard

Last edited:
Back