Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

105. Shame it's a petrol (me like)

Shell normal petrol and Sainsbury's 97 are the best, Sainsbury's 97 is cheaper than shell though, shell v power is good but not worth the cost unless you need the high octane rating.

On my Peugeot HDI diesel van I did 120k - 170k on the engine (50,000 miles) with no EGR or emissions faults, no clogging, no smoking injectors, and the oil stayed fairly clean (I changed it every 10k). That was on Shell normal diesel, It's nice and soapy but still gives good mileage. I still see the van around now a year after I sold it.

It's not really a scientific test though, but that was the conclusions I got to!
I recently put expensive Diesel in my 120. didn't seem to make any difference. Then I put 60litres of normal Diesel and a bottle of injector cleaner in.. And Today for a few seconds I thought Mmm! it sounds a bit quieter. But I think it was psychological...

I recently put expensive Diesel in my 120. didn't seem to make any difference. Then I put 60litres of normal Diesel and a bottle of injector cleaner in.. And Today for a few seconds I thought Mmm! it sounds a bit quieter. But I think it was psychological...
Hi Higgy if your valves need different size shims no amount of injector cleaner is going to make a difference , what you could try but I don't use it because it has been proven that the zinc sticks to the injector nozzles and impedes the spray pattern is 2 stroke low ash mineral oil 1/200 ratio , some people swear by it that it makes the engine run quieter and smoother .

Hi Higgy if your valves need different size shims no amount of injector cleaner is going to make a difference , what you could try but I don't use it because it has been proven that the zinc sticks to the injector nozzles and impedes the spray pattern is 2 stroke low ash mineral oil 1/200 ratio , some people swear by it that it makes the engine run quieter and smoother .
Yeh Iv heard of this . I tried it in my forklift that had a knockerty old Perkins in it.. All it did was make it smoke like Chuff

worked in old 2.5 di transits.....................

That's a nice looking motor, petrol, auto just needs painting black :icon-biggrin:

Right I'm going to Oxford lol.

In regards to petrols, I can return 20 mpg quite easily, yes it will also return single figures but tunnels get involved :lol: loads of power, quiet (my exhaust not included in that) and so smooth.
I don't run lpg, it uses the higher octane and does go fairly well.

I've got a diesel car that does 68mpg.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks a very nice example, and not something that comes up for sale very often. If the petrol engine doesn’t suit a buyers intended use, and an LPG install (with flashlube) is not desired, a diesel engine conversion could be done. Install a 1HD-t from an 80, rust proof it, and it’ll be a dependable truck that would last for years.

I've shown this to the wife this morning, she said doesn't like it :cry:

She's already agreed to a hilux though so not all bad.
I would be going to view this if she said yes.

Shame it’s got a gay gearbox and the wrong fuel really

Easy to convert to the 1HD-FTE, there’s already one in the UK and another being done.

Back