Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 Auto Folding Mirrors

TonyP

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Well for as long as I have had the 120 I have always wanted the mirrors on the doors to fold in automatically when locking the car, and to also fold out when unlocking. After a bit of searching I gave up looking, until Crispin spotted a unit made by a German company.

http://www.optimal-choice.com/Auto-...t-for-your-Toyota-Prado-Land-CruiserLC120-125

€70 including delivery, so I duly ordered it off them and waited the 12 odd days for it to arrive.

Fitted it today, and although the instructions were in German, they did have loads of pictures which made it a simple and easy install. Took me about a hour all in, with most of the time spent pissing about with my gas soldering iron which has decided it no longer wants to play.

The unit also has a switch on it to have the mirrors in normal or in auto fold mode :dance:

No pics as it was dark, and it had started to rain...

excellent modification. what was in the set up? ie could a decent auto electrician rig something similair?

Its not just a switch but also a small control unit that senses the door lock motors and then either folds or opens the mirrors. Probably simple to make if you have some electronic skills, fitting it was straight forward so any auto electrician should be able to do so.

Is it worth the €70, peobably a bit over priced, but at least it just works...

As long as its not a hassle to switch over modes.

On the UK lanes you will want the option to fold the mirrors on the trails, without raking about under the dash.

but i can see the attraction for a towny truck

Yup keeps the normal function of the mirror folding switch. Basically it adds in the option to have the mirrors fold when the car is locked.

Good evening
I have bought two years before the system Auto Folding Mirrors, but I have not posted yet because I lost the installation layout.
The company has closed and I can not find it,
I would be grateful if you could help me
Thanks

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's very interesting Gerry, I'll give that some thought…

Good evening
I have bought two years before the system Auto Folding Mirrors, but I have not posted yet because I lost the installation layout.
The company has closed and I can not find it,
I would be grateful if you could help me
Thanks

Translated:thumbup:

I'll take a look when I'm home later, I'm sure I have something

Hi gerry66, please PM me your email address and I will send you a word document of the install instructions.

Back