Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 Invincible,what years and spec. ?

Its good to know all is running well , but if you do want to change the map filter which is usually done every 7 or so years , it only takes about 30 seconds to change , just make sure the top part of the filter (black top in colour ) is the side that goes to feed the map sensor . and now that you have blanked off the egr the filter should not get dirty anymore , but the casing can crack on the bottom half of the casing due to age as the plastic casing gets brittle and loss of pressure through the cracks will give a wrong reading to the map sensor .

Last edited by a moderator:
stand down Tony
get a coffee
Cypriot coffee is used for hunting,dirtbiking and can be a substitute for mud!
go up and up and up into the Troodos
one of the best chill out spots in my world

we fly into Cyprus on a foggy,cold,icy wet December night,it was like living in a waterfall
hired the cheapest smallest car i've ever seen and ''slept'' in it 'cause it was 0400hrs
we had four weeks to go...

I dont drink Cypriot coffee , its much too strong , I even have my tea and nescafe milky weak . you rented the smallest cheapest car you've ever seen , well you tight arse :smile: , last time I drove up to the troodos mountain's about 25 years ago my three kids thought a bigfoot might run across the road at any moment because the scenery was just like in the film bigfoot driving up there ,:grinning:
not changing the map filter after having a egr clean is like having a bath after work and putting the same dirty work clothes back on , you just wont get the full benefit of the cleaning the egr and inlet manifold entry clean . for the sake of a £15 at toyota prices map filter or cheaper on ebay or parts suppliers Amayama/ partsouq.com

thanks Tony, i'll have a talk to my mechanic and we'll drink a 'bica cheio' and blah blah...
that little 3 cylinder Maylasian car went everywhere,pissing off tour guides in Land Rovers!
we spent December in a small hotel in Coral Bay
Cypriots are wonderful people, the food's amazing and they're all crazy about dirtbiking and 4x4's
great holiday
cheers

Hello
I bought used Toyota Land Cruiser 120 Invincible (badge on tailgate) from 2006... And I can't confirm what exactly model it is... It suppose to have 201BHP but I have no idea how to confirm as in registration certificate it says it is only 122kW which is around 164BHP... So where are those additional 40 horses go? Maybe you can explain me how to confirm for 100 percent what exact model I do have.
I have read that there should be a chip box somewhere under the bonnet but I couldn't spot it. Maybe whoever has the same model could post a photo so I could confirm whether I have or don't have it.

Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I believe the Invincible is basically an LC5, but a tuning box was added by the dealers before sale. Not sure who else owns an Invincible on here, but TonyC on the other board has, he would be able to give you the details of where to look for the chip/box.

Thanks Karl2000 that would be great if someone could help me with that. I have the badge Invincible on the tail door, the car is from August 2006 I believe, there are rear parking sensors, coil suspension. But I can't find for sure how much power does it have and looking for some confirmation as according some reg checks it shows 201BPH but some shows 166BHP, registration certificate says it has only 122kW which is around 166BHP and I'm totally confused as I was buying from privet seller car advertised as TLC Invincible 201BHP and now it appears it might be some regular model but even then not sure exactly which one. That is why I want to identify my version. If Invincible had a chip box that was giving additional power maybe someone knows where I should look for the chip box or has photo how it looks or find any other way do identify the model.

Thanks ;)

LC5 have air suspension unless someone's changed it for springs, which is a common mod!

Try TonyC in the 120 forum on tlocuk.co.uk

I have asked on that second forum have hope will find out something more about my own car.
Thank you Karl

I have spoke to Tony and he has really good knowledge and beautiful TLC :)
Apparently I have the Invincible from 06/2006 without chip box but with everything that Invincible had at that time. From one side I'm little disappointed but from another side Tony gave my great solution to increase power and still to have an option to fuel efficiency which is not bad.

Apparently I have the Invincible from 06/2006 without chip box but with everything that Invincible had at that time. From one side I'm little disappointed

Look at it this way - Tuning boxes seem to increase the changes of a cracked piston, so you're lucky if it's been running untuned for 16 years. Now at least you have control over the future decisions / tradeoffs!

That's true you right have hope the engine is in good condition.
Cheers for that.

Dont be disappointed in not having that chip, I would be happy. It probably means that your engine has not been flogged to death by a wannabe f1 driver. Its not as if the trucks are snails anyway.
All TonyC tells you will be sensible, controlled and fuel efficient, based on his personal experience and testing, not from someone who has a mate down the pub who thinks he has read a book he found on a bus, - you won't get better advice !

Last edited:
Back