Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 Invincible,what years and spec. ?

So only the first invincible had the tune box ?
Yes and it was not listed in the officialToyota Landcruiser 120 brochures , it was a add on by Toyota GB they used a standard Lc4 for it , and nothing to do with the Toyota Factory . the tuning box that was put in the first Invincible was a German made tuning box I can not remember its name off hand ,and was also put in the first Hi Lux pickup Invincible models by Toyota GB . many early lc120s have had invincible badges on them that was a ploy by dealers to sell them as a upmarket lc4 but did not have a tuning box and were standard lc4 with blacked out back windows, the idea for the first invincible came because Toyota GB noticed a market for it after some Toyota dealers were fitting tuning box kits as a non official accessory some of those tuning box was made by a company called lintop tuning that was proving popular at some dealers .

would be great if someone could do an accurate 120 series chronological write up
for the UK models and if it's accurate get the Forum to make it a sticky...

how much were 120's in 2008?

LC3........£35,000
LC4.......£40,000
LC5/Invincible..........£45,000

is that about right?

cheers

looking on Parkers book price the lc4 must be somewhere in-between they started at
LC3 24,185
Invicible 38,195
Auto Transmission and metallic paint were extra .

I wonder if the £24,185 was for the 3 door LC3

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If memory serves, the LC3 5 door was about £30k, and LC5 £35k

my LC3's got fabric seats which is my preference
just wondering what the choices were for the LC4,LC5 and Invincible models
i've been checking interior photos on ebay

looks like grey or beige leather

was there a black leather option too?

cheers

Looks like grey and beige from this brochure...

Attachments

• 20201003_120533.jpg
    20201003_120533.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 60
No black leather , just grey or beige , the only UK 120s from 2008 - that had beige leather according to the brochure was the metallic red (ember red , code 3Q8).

I thought I remembered looking at an lc4 with black leather before I settled on my lc3, as I preferred the cloth option too, ( amongst other things), but knowing my memory, I tried to track down another, - there's one on eBay now, 2009 lc4, with black leather.

I have never seen a 120 with black leather 150s yes they came with black leather . I think most 150s lc4 upwards have either black or beige leather , that does not mean there are no 120s with black leather , could be jap 120 import have black leather , but looked on ebay just now and could not find a 120 with black leather , but there is a 2009 150 lc4 with black leather going for £15,349 with 85 thousand miles .

Hi Tony, your knowledge is far better than mine for sure. I was under the mishaprehension that lc3, lc4, lc5 etc, were 120 series, - every day a learning day, eh ? I dont know what i looked at before buying mine then, probably a Disco. Ha ha.

while walking the dog this morning I parked next to a 120 with black leather interior
no 'Invincible badge' on the back
so i'm guessing it's an LC4 or LC5...

From the outside looking in my 120 looks like it has black leather interior because of the blacked out rear windows it makes the inside look like its got black leather seats and black leather door panels . but like I said 150s have black leather interior .

Does anyone have a clue about the difference between 5 and 6 speed manual gear ratios vise? The LC3 in 2003 had 5 manual, but the 6th gear really makes a good overdrive for the highway.

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 42
No you just slip it in after undoing the two 10mm nuts at the engine end of the egr cooler , and do not over tighten as they can snap . look on ozbush websight under download instruction manual and other useful information and look on the list and it has step by step photos and instructions , I prefer the plate with cutouts instead of round holes for the bolts and a small tag the you bend 90 degrees that you can get on ebay from a company called Kaon 4x4 if you have the EGR delete devise get a full blank plate with no hole in the middle ,and slip it up and under with a long nosed pliers , coz you need skinny little hands to slip it in with your fingers ,
Obush FMapper and EGR blanking-plate fitted and EGR system cleaned at the same time [full of black soot goo]
evaluating the changes,no negative thoughts yet
it runs quieter,smoother and has a nice instant torque kick to get you over stuff
excellent unit for the money
many thanks to Tony
cheers

After cleaning out the egr and inlet tract ect , if you haven't done so already I would change the map filter because it will be very dirty or partly blocked from carbon in the egr and inlet tract and will give improper readings to the map sensor and will affect engine performance .

Back