Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 lc5 rear shocks

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Anybody know where i can get after market rear shocks for me LC5.. I can only find genuine at the Moment.. If anyone has fitted after market.... Cheers Chaps

roughtrax? but if your keeping it standard height then Toyota ones are good

Rough Trax only seem to have genuine toyota ones at £350 A Pop....seems a little steep for a shock absorber with some wires coming out of it... (A little steep is an understatement)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183752465374 Just found this Mark.. This is more like it... The genuine Toyota one i just took of my truck has a plate Tack welded to the bottom of the shock facing forward, and all the shit and Crud gets stuck between the plate and the casing of the shock.. A magnet for rust. I guess its some kind of bash plate. The plate fell off in my hand and behind it the shock had rotted through Bad design Rough Trax and the one above dont have this plate...(good)

Give west coast a call, I run Ironman Foamcell Pro shocks and very very pleased with them

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Rough Trax only seem to have genuine toyota ones at £350 A Pop....seems a little steep for a shock absorber with some wires coming out of it... (A little steep is an understatement)

This could be one of the reasons I got an LC4, genuine rear shocks £50 ( in the region of) from Mr T.

Anybody know where i can get after market rear shocks for me LC5.. I can only find genuine at the Moment.. If anyone has fitted after market.... Cheers Chaps
You can fit aftermarket shocks to the Lc5 if fitted as a pair , you will lose the setting comfort to sport facility for the rear , Rough trax sell them Monroe Adventure £48 and Pedders £62 ,

You can fit aftermarket shocks to the Lc5 if fitted as a pair , you will lose the setting comfort to sport facility for the rear , Rough trax sell them Monroe Adventure £48 and Pedders £62 ,
Sorry for sounding a bit thick Tony.. so the 4 wires coming out of the shock just control the sport/comfort settings.. Nowt to do with the lower/raise setting.. So I could put a set of pedders standard shocks on (without wires) and just Loose the sport/comfort mode..... Or am i talking Bollox..https://www.roughtrax4x4.com/toyota...pedders-gas-rear-shock-absorber-standard.html.....These for instance ?

Last edited:
Sorry for sounding a bit thick Tony.. so the 4 wires coming out of the shock just control the sport/comfort settings.. Nowt to do with the lower/raise setting.. So I could put a set of pedders standard shocks on (without wires) and just Loose the sport/comfort mode..... Or am i talking Bollox..https://www.roughtrax4x4.com/toyota...pedders-gas-rear-shock-absorber-standard.html.....These for instance ?
Yes your right the shocks are nothing to do with the air suspension , the wires are for the (tems) sport to comfort settings , but you have to change them as a pair which you would have to do with normal shocks anyway Higgy .

Yes your right the shocks are nothing to do with the air suspension , the wires are for the (tems) sport to comfort settings , but you have to change them as a pair which you would have to do with normal shocks anyway Higgy .
Cheers Tony, Its always wise to get a second opinion... I remember when i bought the truck, And tried the sport/comfort settings....No difference what so ever so im not missing out on anything... Pedders Shocks on order..... Thanks Tony:thumbup:

Handy to know we're not stuck with keeping shockingly expensive tems shocks, no warning light worries if you stick normal shockers on?
I like the ride air gives, so will keep that going as long as possible but far as it goes i almost never alter the tems setting so quite happy to replace with normal dampers if and when the time comes.

Handy to know we're not stuck with keeping shockingly expensive tems shocks, no warning light worries if you stick normal shockers on?
I like the ride air gives, so will keep that going as long as possible but far as it goes i almost never alter the tems setting so quite happy to replace with normal dampers if and when the time comes.
Agree... Why would you want a sport Mode on a 2 ton 4x4...Cheap Japanese Gimmick....

Agree... Why would you want a sport Mode on a 2 ton 4x4...Cheap Japanese Gimmick....
With some of the bends on the motorways and country roads here in Cyprus I keep mine in sport mode all the time even if it stiffens it up a bit it will help the stability of the truck at speeds of 100 km plus . I have a full Pedders conversion kit to replace the TEMS and rear Air bags if/when it goes wrong , but as its running great I will keep it as is for as long as it lasts .

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess i can live without it Tony. We have been driving round the Twisty Country lanes of France Loaded up with gear, Tents / Cooking stuff and all the Crap that comes with it. And the Truck Handles Brilliant... Like you Il keep the Air bags as long as i can, (Pretty good for Trailer work) But when they Go Pop They wont be getting Replaced.. And as for Sport/comfort Setting. 'Nah'! ..Genuine Toyota shocks at £350+ a pop... That's taking the Piss.. For something in my mind Just doesn't Work... Just saying Like..

I guess i can live without it Tony. We have been driving round the Twisty Country lanes of France Loaded up with gear, Tents / Cooking stuff and all the Crap that comes with it. And the Truck Handles Brilliant... Like you Il keep the Air bags as long as i can, (Pretty good for Trailer work) But when they Go Pop They wont be getting Replaced.. And as for Sport/comfort Setting. 'Nah'! ..Genuine Toyota shocks at £350+ a pop... That's taking the Piss.. For something in my mind Just doesn't Work... Just saying Like..
I agree with you Higgy thats why I got the Pedders conversion kit , I will change the shocks to Pedders as soon as they need changing and change rear airbags to the pedders coil kit when needed , how to disable the airbag ECU so as not to get warning lights on dash is in the instructions with the rough trax Pedders kit .

I started the Truck up today just to see if there were any Whistles and Bells With the Shocks Disconnected... All Good so far... Dont know if il get a warning once its in gear and driving... Shouldn't Think so, Do you?

Back