Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 120

Sam

Garage
So far no modifications (except drawers) ... but for the sake of keeping a record... here it is! :thumbup:

P1010208.jpg

P1010206.jpg

P1010202.jpg

P1010197.jpg

P1010191.jpg

P1010187.jpg

P1010185-1.jpg

P1010184.jpg

P1010182.jpg

Pretty much most of what I've seen - I'm like a kid in a sweet shop for the first time :thumbup:
...... whose pocket money has just run out :thumbdown:

So taking it slow and trying to plan what I need the most first. And right now that's an early service and tyres! 5 of them. Going to sting. :roll:

From there? Not sure. Want the snorkel but I have to be honest with myself about when I'm going to get to actually use it. Probably don't "really" need it (as much as one can) until next summer... so probably suspension, maybe with lift, next. Quite like the idea of the wheel spacers too. Obviously ARB bumper and winch - but again don't really need that until next year. This year is pretty much taken up with a trip that won't see much more than tarmac and a few light tracks.

Drawer system is almost finished though - so got to factor in some electrickery at some point. [strike:3b5tt3jw]Converter[/strike:3b5tt3jw] Inverter :roll: and power points maybe.

There's just so much :lol:

Looks like a nice Land Cruiser there Sam, ripe for tweaking :shh: Don't tell the bank manager.

If your planning on taking your pride and joy off road, you'll want to have ASFIR underbody protection pretty high on your shopping list.

Enjoy.

Oh yeah and that - cheers Scott :thumbup: and and and and and :lol:

It's a blank canvas... can't wait to get started - it's a real test of patience that I'm failing fast! :lol:

EDIT :: Oh and most important mod... got my club sticker! (Cheers Crispin) ... be on soon! :thumbup:

Looks very tidy :thumbup: - in that lovely Gunmetal Grey, IMO the best colour for a 120 :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice truck, very clean...

Can't wait to see the [strike:1j0dtmoe]scratches[/strike:1j0dtmoe] mods.

Sam said:
...an early service and tyres! 5 of them.

What tyres are you going with?

Changing my mind every day at the moment - but probably General Grabber ATs in the stock size of 265/65/17

Alternative is stepping up to 265/70's and getting BFG ATKO's. There was a thread from Hutton here that ended up in a chat about tyres... and resuted in him getting a set of the ATs - which look pretty good.

You'll see in the thread I've been trying to get word from BFG about the arrival of the 65's in the UK (of ATKOs) - but still no joy.. even though they were due in January! :thumbdown:

Hi Sam,

I see you are stuck in a decision as to what tyres you want to fit.
However, your not just stuck on the type of tyres, but your also stuck on the size of tyres.

Let me help a little, or confuse you even more. :D

If your planning to lift your LC by 50mm, then your planned 265 x 65 x R17 will look daft, and look completly wrong.
They will be lost in the wheel arch, and you will be quite dissapointed. :roll:

Here is 265 x 65 x R17, not 100% representitive, as there is some 50mm droop, also before the 50mm lift, so I guess this is what a 265 x 65 x R17 would look like with no droop, but lifted 50mm
265600x451.jpg

Here is 265 x 70 x R17, with the 50mm lift
LCwithBFG3.jpg

LCwithBFG2.jpg

LCwithBFG1.jpg

Here is the same 256 x 70 x R17 size in muds. again, with the 50mm lift
Muds33.jpg

If your going to stick with the original size of 265 x 65 x R17, then you really dont want to put a 50mm lift on it.
With a 50mm lift, some would even say that the 265 x 70 x R17 is a little lost, and possibly, they could well be right.
However, the problem which may arise then is that the "turn" on the shoulder corners of the tyre may catch the inside of the wheel arch, on a paralell plane with the ground, in line with the center of the wheel, ie, the front inside and teh front mud flap areas.

Gra.

Gra.

Personally I'd stick with AT's if they are for everyday use - but only because I do significant motorway miles and the added road/tyre noise would drive me crazy..

But the idea of an extra, spare set of off-road tyres is very appealing!

Looks great. I remember when :lol:

Have a look on the Roughtrax site for tyre prices - they're advertising grabbers and BFG. Doesn't mean try have in stock of course ...

Back