Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

SeaJays 80

SeaJay

Garage
Country Flag
australia
80LC.jpg

I have done a few improvements over the years.
97 HDJ80
1HD-FT
Gturbo 26psi
PDI Front Mount Intercooler & Trans Cooler
Moonlight Fabrications Air box
Safari snorkel
140 amp Alternator
Tuned pump 21:1 AFR
3in Taipan Exhaust
Redarc Low Coolant Alarm
A442F Auto
Torque Converter Lock-up kit
Front and Rear ARB diff locks
270L fuel
2in lift
Koni 90 Raid Shocks
Whiteline H/D Rear Swaybar
airbags
285x75x16 Nitto Trail Grappler's on ROH mags
MCC twin wheel rear bar
ARB roobar and side steps
Sahara headlights with Stedi LED globes
Light bars
ARB 3/4 roof rack or Full length R/R with Roof Top Tent
Awnings side and rear
2x uhf in roof console
EGT and Boost gauges in pillar pod
Trans temp gauge
Pioneer USB/Bluetooth stereo & sub
Rear Drawers
Cargo Barrier
Flip-Up Rear Windows
Engle Fridge
Voltage display
MSA Dropslide
MSA Fridge Cage
Travel Buddy 12v oven
XR6 Seats
Winch
Marks Adapters part time kit
SS brake lines and calliper pistons
QFM 100 series disk pads in front, 80 series rear
Electric trailer brake controller
LED interior lights
12v and USB sockets front, middle and rear
Dual batteries with Cole Hersee Master Disconnect Switch
Twin drink holder :)
Grandpa spec Sunvisor
:)

Last edited:
Very nice too. Welcome along. Looking forward to more pics of your gear and gadgetry.

Chris

Hi and welcome Stuart,nice looking motor buddy and sounds like you've been busy with the mods there,as Chris says more pics :banana-gotpics:

yes I have got a bit carried away, bonnet is up modifying the injection pump at the moment with a stiffer boost compensator spring and spacer plate, with the increased turbo psi the standard one is wound up so far its coil binding on boost compression. Anything in particular you wanted to see?
2015-11-24 14.36.54.jpg

Setting the tappets while replacing injectors and timing belt, did IP timing as well
2016-08-24 16.16.24.jpg

boost comp. spring, standard on left.

Reactions: Sag
Looks nice and clean under there buddy,got some interior pics

It's the twin drinks holder that impressed me!

Nice truck, and a lifetime of entertainment! :clap:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
2014-09-04 09.54.45.jpg

some added gauges, but before the intercooler so no scoop on the bonnet
2015-05-27 11_18_28.jpg

handy addition, holds a drink, torch and pen :)

That is some extensive list you have created. About the only thing we can get here in the UK is the cup holder (though doesn't come with pen or torch slots) but has passed the 'European Norm' safety standards.
We know the 80s are big inside so snap away the interior; then we can steal your ideas and order stuff on fleabay.

saw your post over at mud, i'd be interested to see the outcome of the new boost spring.

assuming you have done the aneroid mod, any chanse of posbting a photo of it?

nice, thanks. :)

playing/grinding with the pin is not very common in the UK for some reason, it's next on my list after I replace the old IC and install the GT30R turbo i've got in the garage :)

Impressive rig. Are you happy with the cross country intercooler? Is it the ultimate version? Looking at the profile change on the plunger i understand its increasing fuel delivery? Make much difference?

2014-12-28 18.14.21.jpg

its the standard one, not the ultimate, but im happy with it, and it all fitted up well.
2015-01-11 11.39.00.jpg
2015-01-11 13.20.30.jpg

kit came with the large scoop for better airflow, and a spal fan. Not sure if you can see in the pic but I added mesh at the front of the scoop to keep the locusts out, its unreal when you drive thru a swarm of them here, have to have shade cloth over the roo bar so they don't block the radiator.

as to the pin profile, well im tinkering with the boost compensator tuning this week. I have to screw in the A/F meter into a bung I welded into the exhaust, I don't leave it in all the time. And yes, the grind into the flat section is to add fuel there, if the side pin rides down onto the flat section it stops increasing fuel delivery.

Last edited:
2016-07-16 10.44.55.jpg

I had the bilstein shocks, but found when I filled up with fuel it would wallow a bit. towing the boat was worse, but I don't live far from the boat ramp. Fitting the Koni 90 Raids transformed it into a stable ride, as you can see there is a massive size difference
2016-07-16 10.40.52.jpg

really pleased how they handle dampening the weight
2016-01-06 18.10.08.jpg

this is when I installed the MSA drop slide, because after putting in the drawers the lid of the engle fridge would hit the underside of the tailgate window when I slid out the top draw section to open it, made it a pain to get the drinks out. The MSA works a treat, and is really well built.
2015-07-03 13_35_12-1.jpg

its the camera angle, get a few miles off shore in ruff water and it soon shrinks in size :)

Nice combo that little lot SeeJay, very smart and practical, the whole set-up. :thumbup:

Back