Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1984 BJ40

Just become a proud owner of a 1984 BJ40 in medium blue, soft top. Restoration work will commence soon. Sorting out the paperwork and sourcing a good set of Ambulance doors, roof and side panels right now.
The vehicle is almost perfect with almost 0% rust and in its original paint.
It has the Diesel B type engine with the 4 speed gear box.
Will post further images and details of the build progress here.

Hi there,
how is the resto going so far. I am about to start on my newly acquired bj40. Same as yours, engine 4speed and in blue.
Have you needed to source components like door hinges / locks / bonnet catches etc.
any tips hints would be brilliant. I am based in Ireland so shipping from europe / uk is no issue

Hi have a look at item number 142052335006 273790142251 on ebay and the is a man in Ireland that sells 40 bit's hope it helps all the best Tony.

Hi there,
how is the resto going so far. I am about to start on my newly acquired bj40. Same as yours, engine 4speed and in blue.
Have you needed to source components like door hinges / locks / bonnet catches etc.
any tips hints would be brilliant. I am based in Ireland so shipping from europe / uk is no issue
Congratulations on starting your restoration. I completed my project last month and waiting for my beauty to arrive in the UK next month. I did a complete strip and rebuild. Spared no cost and spent far more than a had planned. I purchased quite a few brand new OEM parts from AMAYAMA and another source in Dubai and the US. Complete Hard top panels I sourced from Pakistan. This is my BJ40 as it looked last month. Still have to fix all new OEM lights etc.

69E793CA-DD42-4597-A6BB-AE952DB462BB.jpeg

Back