Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1993 LJ78 Engine Transplant to 4.2 auto

Great build, i am actually in the process of doing the same myself, did you manage to use the original axles on your build?

Great build, i am actually in the process of doing the same myself, did you manage to use the original axles on your build?
Hi
yes I used the same axles no change to any of the running gear only needed to shorten & rebalance the rear prop shaft.

2017-12-20-1899.jpg

I was wondering what the outcome was here!..... Cracked it in the end Then!..?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Here is a YouTube Video of the Completed Install... Checkit out if you have any questions just ask me on youtube account or on here. Trust me it was well worth doing this transplant, worked out so well.

Impressive... Nice and snug!.. A mate has just put a 6cyl cummins in a Land Rover 90.. 'That was Snug!'

I was wondering what the outcome was here!..... Cracked it in the end Then!..?
ah yeah... had it all in & completed by feb 2018, as I left to work in Africa for 2 years. just 0nly back 3 weeks ago... so you can imagine I'm so looking forward to getting behind the wheel again. ill do a proper update of this install now that I have time on my hands.
Just to anyone thinking of doing this transplant it is a success, so smooth on the road/offroad, power is on tap autobox is handling the extra torque nicely to the running gear.

You Proved anything is Possible. Love this kind of stuff, "Ah! if i only had a Brain":scared-shocked:

Beautiful Job well done.

It looks like it came from the factory with it in

Well done man! Sorry for saying that you couldn't fit the radiator in.. you've got it in there! Awesome!:thumbup:

Looking forward to see the build info and the electrical side of it!:thumbup:

How much work is there to put the merc engine into the g.
I have a g sat waiting and also a e300 with the 606 in it :)

How much work is there to put the merc engine into the g.
I have a g sat waiting and also a e300 with the 606 in it :)

If you can get the pump off a om603 12v and fit it to the om606 24v then you're running manually and looking golden! It comes down to defeating the electronic fueling on the om606. They really are an outstanding engine!
If you can get the sump and oil pickup off the e320 then you can get over the problem of front reservoir sump oil storage on the om606 as compared to rear capacity oil storage on the om642.. problem solved! To get over the 4wd front axle clash with the sump.

Some info from research findings to answer your question man!:thumbup:

If you can get the pump off a om603 12v and fit it to the om606 24v then you're running manually and looking golden! It comes down to defeating the electronic fueling on the om606. They really are an outstanding engine!
If you can get the sump and oil pickup off the e320 then you can get over the problem of front reservoir sump oil storage on the om606 as compared to rear capacity oil storage on the om642.. problem solved! To get over the 4wd front axle clash with the sump.

Some info from research findings to answer your question man!:thumbup:

Hmm. I didnt know you were up on them. cherrs. I'll prob end up quizzing you if you dont mind.

I converted mine to 5L Manual from 2LTE Auto with no hassles. I am keenly following your conversion

Back