Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1994 kzj70 3.0 td

Yorkshire Devil

My KZJ70 purchase standard with usual 70 series issues needed to be addressed to:-

Custom front bumper & back bumper, rock sliders & arches cut back & welded & plated.
Still to do, larger tyres, body lift & snorkel.

kzj70lrightside_zps0860d2a1.jpg
kzj70front_zps2f12d9a4.jpg
kzj70bklef_zpsba55f33a.jpg
kzj70bk_zps4e87ea3a.jpg

looks fugging awesome :thumbsup: many times I've thought about selling my 70 but when I see another one when driving (rarely) it's the only car that brings a big smile to my face. if you don't mind me asking how much were the front and rear bumpers? also whats the quality like and how many bolts are they attached with?

The quality is heavy duty, its made from very heavy gauge steel, its folded plate 6mm thick I think & boxed to add to strength. All towing eyes were cut in & welded.

I think the bumpers are held on with about 8 bolt per bumper. They are heavy duty offroad spec. I dont recall how much the bumpers were individually as I had a fair but of work done all round at the same time.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The quality is heavy duty, its made from very heavy gauge steel, its folded plate 6mm thick I think & boxed to add to strength. All towing eyes were cut in & welded.

I think the bumpers are held on with about 8 bolt per bumper. They are heavy duty offroad spec. I dont recall how much the bumpers were individually as I had a fair but of work done all round at the same time.

cheers :icon-wink: will be giving them a call also the more I see archless 70's it makes me want to rid mine of them

It does look better without the fibre glass arches IMHO. They only end up breaking when they brush on a twig.

Thats a nice truck :thumbup:

If i had a 70 series this is the look i'd be aiming for http://www.rocky-road.com/samurai-fender-flares.html , ok its a suzuki but the basic shape is the same and for me width rather than height (or maybe both in equal proportions) is what makes a truck look like someones been feeding it steroids lol .

My KZJ70 purchase standard with usual 70 series issues needed to be addressed to:-

Custom front bumper & back bumper, rock sliders & arches cut back (virtual lift) & welded & plated.
Still to do, larger tyres, body lift & snorkel.

FullSizeRender6_zps197de2d1.jpg

FullSizeRender8_zps07136bf0.jpg

Update:- Detroit Truetracs fitted front & rear running on BF Goodrich KM2 33 / 12.50 / R15's.

Have snorkel just need to fit.

Last edited:
Where abouts was it taken buddy? Got some tracks very similar to that round my end Holmfirth,looks like you were having fun.

Where abouts was it taken buddy? Got some tracks very similar to that round my end Holmfirth,looks like you were having fun.
Its Ovenden Moor windmill farm the Road to Oxenhope. Was very deep and lots of cars abandoned.

Ended up dragging a car out of a ditch that had smashed through a gate.

Odd isn't it, nice and dry down here, tonights very chilly, but on saturday night I was out in a polo shirt, no jumper!

Still, we;ll be flooded out again soon....

Pete

Its Ovenden Moor windmill farm the Road to Oxenhope. Was very deep and lots of cars abandoned.

Ended up dragging a car out of a ditch that had smashed through a gate.
Got to love living round places like this.

Back