Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1994 Land Cruiser VX 4.2 TD RHD

RicoF

Country Flag
malta
Dear all, as I posted in another part of this forum, I have a Land Cruiser VX Turbo Diesel 4.2L (HD-T) for sale. It is a one owner, near showroom condition, even though it's been out since 1994, never went off-road, impeccable spray, perfect both inside and outside, underside, always serviced at the Toyota Dealer and ONLY 25,000 kilometres (15000 miles). It is automatic, with all original setup, electric windows, central locking, 7 seats, chrome roof-rack. This 'beast' as I call it needs a loving owner, who unlike me takes her around some off-road paths. With me it's only been on tarmac. Who wants more info pm or post reply here. Thanks. (Note: pictures were taken last week, and not 19 years ago!)

photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg

It has obviously the H-N-L lever, however it's auto transmission. If you are referring to that diff lock switch is found in the dash, NO there isn't. As for colour will let you know later, as I need to check the colour label ;)

Is it just me or does something about this say its to good to be true if you get what i mean ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Early ones didnt have the roof bars. They can obviously be added though. Looks a clean truck.

@ Andy - logbook says grey, if someone could tell me where the color code is written in the vehicle I could be able to confirm if it's tempest grey or not :think:

Is it just me or does something about this say its to good to be true if you get what i mean ?

Believe me guys... It's true!!! I can take pictures of any part you wish, engine bay, underside, interior... It has been taken care of extremely well!

Early ones didnt have the roof bars. They can obviously be added though. Looks a clean truck.

It was first registered in April 1994, and probably roof bars were extra. The local market had different specs than the UK one probably as well.

@All as for price I am open to offers, though I saw ones in much worse condition and mileage going between GBP 4000 and 7000. So obviously I am expecting more :)

Paint code is on the VIN plate on the bulkhead in the engine bay.

Thanks, saw the plate, but there were too many numbers :)

i'll take a pic to decipher... Or better post here...

Last edited:
@All as for price I am open to offers, though I saw ones in much worse condition and mileage going between GBP 4000 and 7000. So obviously I am expecting more :)
Hey Rico, this isn't eBay so how about a price.... would £7,001 buy it?

I love my Prado, woulkd have to be something really special to get me to change, but that 80 sure does look neat.

So it was registered new in Malta, no UK spec front and rear lockers, interior is leather? And it would be a 24v engine?

Tried to look up import duties from Malta to UK, but its all the other way round! Malta isnt in the EU I think.

Pete

I'm guessing if it's a Maltese truck it wont be leather, if it's a 24V engine it's the first I've seen with a 12V grille. Also if ,as it appears it's Tempest grey I have not seen a 24V that colour and it has 12V bumpers as well. Saying all that its still a unique find and if sold to a UK buyer could be a great car with years of reliability built in if it was properly maintained.

Andy

Yes Malta is in the EU, unfortunately for them and for classic car buffs the world over, countless fair to good RHD classics have gone to the crusher as the EU forced the introduction of a bullshit MOT test same as they do in every country, coupled with bogus scrappage schemes to get people into debt and buy new cars.

Great way to rip off the people of Malta, you have got to love the EU! Greatest shower of scum since the NAZIs...

By the by, it may well be a 12v and its date of first registration may be 1997, but that doesn't mean it didn't sit in Malta or get imported there unregistered until 1997. There was a W123 merc for sale here in Ireland last year with a 1992 reg but they stopped making them in 1985. It had just sat unregistered. It could just as easily been made in 1991.

Any chance of a few interior pics and under bonnet ones??

I wouldn't mind a trip to Malta to drive it back if anyone wants to buy it............. Its one of only 3 countries in the EU I've never been to and it would be a nice drive home!!

Back