Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1995 A/C - Heat

Bob Mane

Country Flag
united_states
So a couple things

1. heat and a/c seem to be working but putting fan above 2 it sort of shakes/rattles under the dash and does not project more air on higher settings.

2. Is rear vent supposed to blow cold air? Because regardless of setting it blows hot.

The first will possibly be dust or other debris on the fan impeller. You’ll have to remove the fan from its housing to inspect/clean. There may be some ducts displaced within the dash that need putting back.

Not sure on 2 but perhaps you have no rear AC just the heater under the seat. This should turn off with the front heater but sometimes the Bowden cable comes off the valve that’s mounted in the centre of the bulkhead above the engine.

Regarding 2. Of your question Bob......

I don't get A/C cold air blown into the back from the rear heater, it does only that - (Heat I mean).

There’s only a heater matrix under the seat for rear heater, no A/C matrix.

Also, there’s no natural airstream flow to the rear heater matrix without the fan, only when the rear heater fan is switched on (3 position rocker switch on dash, Lo/Off/Hi fan-speeds).

Hope this helps

Yes looks like it is just heat in the back.

The first will possibly be dust or other debris on the fan impeller. You’ll have to remove the fan from its housing to inspect/clean. There may be some ducts displaced within the dash that need putting back.

Do I have to take the dash off to work on the fan?

Not sure, don’t know which model cruiser you have (pop some detail in your signature line, as others have, it helps us help you. :) ).
On mine it’s one of the easiest things to access up under the left hand side of the dash. Seeing as yours is built with the steering wheel on the wrong side ( :icon-rolleyes: ) it may be different.

Mine looks like this. I expect yours will look similar.
9FC8994D-28F0-4B83-861E-4A2B538434C7.jpeg

Bit out of focus but seeing as I was standing on my head at the time, I don’t think it’s too bad. :)

Maybe Clive can throw some more light as his 80 is the later one which also has the steering wheel on the wrong side ( :icon-rolleyes: ).

Last edited:
Yup it is on the "right side" :)
Removed glove box > Removed Cover > Took out blower > was full of debris > cleaned it out > works perfect

Thanks for the tips!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sweet. I like simple fixes like that. :thumbup:

Now, tell us a bit about your truck in your signature line. :)

Back