Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1995 LC pickup with 1PZ diesel

CharlesS

Country Flag
philippines
Recently purchased a 1995 LC pickup with MT with low mileage.
I am trying to locate information about the truck with the 1PZ engine.
Specifically I am looking for the Owners or Factory Service manuals.
This truck was originally purchased by the Fire Dept so the vehicle is red.
I have looked around for a while, but haven't been able to find much about this vehicle.

Any info about this vehicle or a source for info would be helpful.

Charles

Hi Charles always helpful if you can upload the vin plate so others can better help if possible?

When I get the chance I will post up the VIN plate codes.
The vehicle originally had a red license plate signifying Fire Dept.

IMG_0301 - Copy.JPG

Reactions: Ben
There doesn't seem to be a great deal of info on 1PZ engines but below is a link to a downloadable manual.
https://www.manualslib.com › Brands › Toyota Manuals › Engine › 1PZ
The engine appears to have been used in Canada between 90 - 93 but then was designated for industrial use. There are a few threads on i8mud forum relating and the consensus appears to be that it is a 1HZ with a cylinder chopped off plus a dual mass flywheel. If that gives trouble then it can be replaced with the 1HZ flywheel and clutch.

Nice looking truck.

Regards,

Rodger

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of info on 1PZ engines but below is a link to a downloadable manual.
https://www.manualslib.com › Brands › Toyota Manuals › Engine › 1PZ
The engine appears to have been used in Canada between 90 - 93 but then was designated for industrial use. There are a few threads on i8mud forum relating and the consensus appears to be that it is a 1HZ with a cylinder chopped off plus a dual mass flywheel. If that gives trouble then it can be replaced with the 1HZ flywheel and clutch.

Nice looking truck.

Regards,

Rodger

Rodger,

I have been searching online and haven't found much information on the 1PZ.
Thanks for the link and the information.
I am thinking of trying to contact Toyota to see if I can get some information from them.

Charles

That is a beautiful PZJ75 you have there. :drool:

We got the 1PZ here in Australia, but never in utes/pick ups only in short wheel base hard top 70's (PZJ70's)! :flags-australia:

They didnt sell many so they're pretty rare but they are out there. :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
the rm173e manual for the 1HZ engine also covers the PZ engine
when you have 30 posts on this forum, you have access to the download section where said manual can be downloaded.
photos are a great way to get your post count......

the rm173e manual for the 1HZ engine also covers the PZ engine
when you have 30 posts on this forum, you have access to the download section where said manual can be downloaded.
photos are a great way to get your post count......

Firewout,

Thanks for the heads up on posts... and the manual.

Charles

Oh man, there must be a law or two against such a clean engine bay on a land cruiser. Surely???

There was a 70 on EBay with the 1PZ in it a while back. I was sorely tempted but time, money, kitchen and room (not necessarily in that order) put paid to that idea.

Back