Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1999 4.2TDi Servicing

big-yin

Country Flag
scotland
Afternoon

I've bought the filter package from RoughTrax 4x4 and 15l of oil (Semi Genuine Toyota Engine Oil 5w-30) with a view to doing the work myself (with help) on a ramp at work over the next few weeks.

Air filter was easy enough yesterday although I was surprised the size difference from what was in there and the official one I received, plus it was filthy.

I've had a look at the fuel filter and it has the part number 23390-YZZAB and checked on YT and doesn't look too complicated to change but I have a question about the part where it seals to the main unit and if it should be raised or flush ready to receive the main unit? There is a video on YT with a nice Australian man who says official ones should be recessed but "copies" are raised and the fuel doesn't flow correctly. Don't want to take it to bits then be without a car.

Thanks.

If that's the right OE fuel filter, there is no problem with flow.
For air filter, there shouldn't be a size difference. But, the HDJ100 comes with a cyclone air filter with a washable filter element. Clean every 20 k miles (more often if dusty environment), change only when it rusts to pieces or you drive through a cement factory. It's really very easy to clean, just a biggish bucket of water and agitate the filter a bit up and down, shake of some water and reinstall.

Back