1HD-FT Emissions control manual ERM111E

nielsc May 7, 2018

1. hopeless wanderer

hopeless wanderer Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
    Cheers for that, I'm concerned the new MOT and rules regarding warning lights may pose a problem if the the tester is being a bit strict. I've got the gist of it I think and I need to cut the two wires shown in the two plugs and the heater warning goes off. Has anyone tried this ?

2. Brett

Brett Well-Known Member I am in uk

Map
    I've removed my heater, no lights on at all.

hopeless wanderer likes this.
  3. hopeless wanderer

Map
    I took out the egt and all the remaining vac/boost hoses. Just boost going to the wastegate & compensator on the pump and to a boost gauge. Lights been on ever since.

4. Brett

Map
    did you connect an earth bond from the blanked off intake pipe (where the EGR valves were) down to the block?

5. Towpack

Towpack Well-Known Member I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    On 1HD-FT there will either be vacuum or atmospheric pressure below the pump diaphragm depending on the position of the solenoid. Inceasing the vacuum below will have the same effect as increasing the boost pressure above and vice versa. The vacuum will be applied to offset low boost lowdown in the range, gradually being reduced as boost increases, hence operation being ECU controlled. This is no doubt partly for emissions as much as performance but I don’t see how you can get it to run correctly with the OEM pump and the vacuum supply either disconnected or connected permanently. I removed the EGR valves and manifold some time ago leaving the wiring connected and the vacuum hoses blanked off but I’ll probably have to refit it (deactivated) for the next MOT.

6. hopeless wanderer

Map
    I got rid of the whole crossover and the intake heater as I fitted a front intercooler. The doohickeys that were attached to the crossover are just hanging around annoying me.

7. chapel gate

chapel gate Well-Known Member Supporter I am in england

Map

would anyone be so kind to translate this?:icon-biggrin:
    I did pose the question. the manuals are still available.
    in Japanese.....

8. Brett

Map
    you can use google translate & translate the whole page. It comes out sort of like English!

9. chapel gate

chapel gate Well-Known Member Supporter I am in england

Map
    I tried briefly brett. it all went horrible wrong. it doesn't take much for me to lose my rag with computers, devices, tablets, phones, flux capacitors.. etc etc..

Brett and hopeless wanderer like this.
  10. nielsc

nielsc Member I am in belgium

Map
    I have finally come across this manual, it is in Dutch tough but I can translate if anyone wants information out of it.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter