Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1HD-FTE Limp mode - TPS issue?

l3n0x

Country Flag
hungary
Hi!

My 2000 LC has developed an issue.
Today after the walking the dogs & going home it throw a check engine light and went into limp mode. I've tried to shut down / restart the car, but the issue was still there.
When I got home I've read the codes with TS, and this is what came up:

19(2)_error.jpg

After clearing the trouble codes, the problem went away, but I don't know what to do long term.
Anyone has experienced something like this?
I know there are not many diesel users here, but maybe..

Cheers & Happy Holidays!

You pick off the accelerator assembly and fix it - I think. I had the same problem once, but can't remember how I fixed it. I do remember finding info on some forum somewhere, and removing the whole assembly (3 small bolts), fixing it, and "problem solved forever". Just can't remember exactly what the problem was. :), but something like bad connection in the idle-switch?

There are a bunch of checks to do to in the fsm. Easy enough to do. But most like the pick off on the pedal just had a little hissy fit

Thanks for all the responses. The issue didn't reaper yet, so I'm still hesitant about buying another accelerator assembly (they're not very cheap). Right now I'm hoping it was just a particle of dust sticked to one of the sensors/switches that cleared itself:)

Sorry I've not been on the forum for yonks!
Ive had this problem about 8 years ago when i fist got my 100 series, limp home and code for throttle , i ended up getting a new pedal ...very expensive , but whilst it was on order i got into the original pedal potentiometer casing and took the tin cover off ( trim bit of plastic off to remove it) this will expose a PCB , i couldn't strip it any further so i dipped the entire potentiometer casing in Isopropyl alcohol and work the pot both ways to try and clean away any dust on the wiper ( thats what i was suspecting) , then after washing in alcohol i let it dry out completely ( airing cupboard) then fitted it and it worked for 4 years !!! try it you've nothing to lose if your looking like a throttle pedal

Thank you very much for the great idea!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back