Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1KZT Won't Rev

Darrellspeed

Hi Guys, I have recently removed the fuel tank to change the fuel pick up and return pipes that had rotted away, and on refitting used a compressor to slightly pressurise the fuel system to bleed it, which seemed to work eventually, as it now idles, but when I press the accelerator it revs very slightly but that's it, have I blown a seal or diaphragm somewhere? Or what else should I be looking at?

Last edited:
How long have you left it to idle for? Might just need to get the air out of the system. If it was running fine before then it's something you've physically removed/replaced that has caused this. Sounds like there's a blockage or air in the system. Did you change the fuel filter too?

Let it idle for 20 mins or so, I didnt change the filter , was gonna let the crap that might have been disturbed go into the old one then change it.

Well, it might be worth changing it now... Start with the small and inexpensive stuff first.

Well, it might be worth changing it now... Start with the small and inexpensive stuff first.

Right new lift pump and fuel filter fitted. Made no difference apart from i can bleed it with the pump now.

So what else could stop it revving?
turbo not kicking in?
Fuel pump faulty?
fpr faulty?

If the problem came after you tinkered with the truck, then it's gotta be something you touched. Maybe it's sucking in air. Try putting a clear line on the return line from the Injector pump and see for air bubbles?

There are filters located inside the injector pump. Maybe when you blew air through you dislodged something that has now entered the pump and caused a blockage. To completely isolate the tank/lines, I recommend you get a can of diesel and run a line from the can directly to the injector pump. If it still behaves the same you know it's got something to do with the pump. If it improves then your problem lies with the lines/fuel tank.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back