Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2002-2004 100 series radio question

Kenneth Reed

Country Flag
united_states
I have a 2002 LC. My factory radio is dead. I see in the specs that the only difference between the 2002 radio and the 2004 factory radio is the fact that the 2004 has the option:
  • Option: 7″ Voice activated Navigation System with integrated Audio and Climate Controls (same JBL amplifier and speakers as above), Bluetooth and Backup Camera
Can I replace my 2002 radio with the 2004?

I have a 2002 LC. My factory radio is dead. I see in the specs that the only difference between the 2002 radio and the 2004 factory radio is the fact that the 2004 has the option:
  • Option: 7″ Voice activated Navigation System with integrated Audio and Climate Controls (same JBL amplifier and speakers as above), Bluetooth and Backup Camera
Can I replace my 2002 radio with the 2004?
Afaik, the radios in the US are different from here in Europe, so you might find more accurate info on the US based forum ih8mud. Otoh, the 2003 came with a new dashboard, and the front bezel of the radios changed, and are not interchangeable. Then you have the question of navigation and non navi versions. Most LC100s in the US had the navi, with built in HVAC controls, which makes it more difficult to change to another type of radio. But it is doable - there's a long thread on this on the mud forum.

Back