Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2007 landcruiser 1hd-fte engine

Mills

Country Flag
jamaica
My engine wont start, I bought car with same problem. Despite replacing fuel pump, edu spill valve, repaired crank sensor circuit in ecu, still wont start. Any suggestions guys????

My engine wont start, I bought car with same problem. Despite replacing fuel pump, edu spill valve, repaired crank sensor circuit in ecu, still wont start. Any suggestions guys????
Could it be the immobilser.

What symbol or icon would be displayed of it's the immobilizer? Cause I am not seeing anything unusual displaying.

What symbol or icon would be displayed of it's the immobilizer? Cause I am not seeing anything unusual displaying.
I'm presuming the motor turns over but just doesn't fire up? I don't think there is a symbol for the immobilser, do you have more than one key? if so have you tried to start with a different key? are all the keys in good condition?
Are the keys the original keys?

I know it's a long shot, but you never know.

P.S Have you checked all the fuses relevant to starting. Under the hood fuse box and in the fuse boxes in footwells, I.E both sides, behind left hand outer and righ hand outer covers?

Again, might be a long shot, but at least they'll be eliminated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look in the owner's manual for how the immobiliser works.
Attached 4 pages.

Attachments

• Owners Manual p10-13.pdf
    137.2 KB · Views: 139
:)

Screenshot 2020-01-23 at 16.58.48.png

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
2001 90 series lit up a key symbol but i never noticed because everything lights up on the dash and goes out when the truck starts .

Bent key turned out to be my problem so computer decided it was an attempt at theft .

Great news. It’s always a relief when a problem is overcome. Onwards and upwards!

Hey guys, whenever my 1hd-fte engine gets hot, and depress the throttle and release, the engine hangs up the throttle and sputters before the throttle goes back to idle state.
When the engine is cold, everything is normal, throttles up and down immediately.
Any suggestions to my problem?

Back