Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

200VX Electric Seat problem

Silver Fox

Country Flag
australia
Have recently purchased a 2010 VX and the vertical seat adjusters do not work, forward/back, squab and backrest work fine but not the height. When I pull or push the vertical height button I can hear a slight noise but no action.
Does anybody have any ideas?, somebody said it could be a relay but I can find no information on this.
Silver Fox

Steven, sitting or not sitting all functions work except the vertical up and down for both seats. Have spoken to 3 Toyota dealers and all they can say is 'bring it in and we will have a look', that sounds expensive!

It is possible they’ve never been used and have got themselves stuck through lack of use. Before making any assumptions I would find the location of the motor and rotate it to make sure it’s not stuck. Check for unplugged connectors, you never know, the P/O may have had some fiddling fingers that caused him to set the height and unplug them. Check fuses, the raise/lower could be on its own fuse. If all checks out try disconnecting the motor and testing on volts across the loom side of the wiring while operating the switch. Then test on ohms across the motor. You should get 12v or -12v on the loom and a resistance between 2 and 10 ohms or thereabouts across the motor. If you get open circuit, try turning the motor gently and see if you get anything. One other possibility, magnets can drop off such motors so if everything checks out this is a possibility. You can also try connecting 12v either way round to the motor connections and seeing if the motor turns.

The above is generic info, I don’t know the truck.

Last edited:
Thanks Steven & StarCruiser, there are only 2 30amp fuses for the seats, one each for LHS & RHS, both are fine.
Am already onto the relay thing. I will pursue the other avenues that you suggest and keep you posted.

Back