Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

265/70/16 on 16x10 rims?

kzj90nz

Hi guys, I've had some 16x10" rims offered to me for a really good price.

Has anyone fitted 265/70/16 tyres to 16x10" rims?

Anything to keep in mind?

Yeh if you don't want them il have em :laughing-rolling:lol

When I bought my 80 the previous owner had 16x10 rims on the car. They stuck out of the fenders a lot. I had 275/75/16 tyre's on them.
14578ee45428d00962dea37783536a99.jpg
e8fe63c13b014ebb4cbff640304b4bc1.jpg

I took them off and reused the stock rims which I prefer.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys - I should add that I'm considering the 16x10s for my SWB KZJ90.

It'll be a very cool look....... but they'll probably extend beyond the wheel arches/flares. Not sure where you're based but that might be a problem at MoT time or similar?

I'd check if that is OK with your local regs before going ahead.

Pete Bell's 90 is the only one i have seen with 16x10 on it , iirc he had to trim the calipers a bit to get them on but thats more likely down to the design of the mickey thompson classics . Obviously he did a lot more besides to fit them size tyres !

BigShiney90_zpsaf658995.jpg

You have me considering a set the same size now i would have assumed 265's too narrow to go on a 10" wide rim but it seems a lot of Americans do it without problems . Pics would be very much appreciated :thumbup:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There's never too narrow if you talk to a street car customizer. They stretch 205's and less onto 10" rims to 'bring down the profile', my mate here had 205/35/17s stretched onto 10" rims and it looked like the tyres were flat!

On the 90, you say 10" rims but you don't mention offset, or backspace. If they're -30s, then yes, they're likely to protrude, but if less or zero, or even positive offset, then you may have inner clearance problems, such as fouling the calipers.

I went to 10" because I like 305s and I'm even considering 315s in KO2s (if I can find any) but I'm not sure why you'd want them for 265s :think:

If they're smart alloys, and -30s, you should sell them to me... (Seriously) :thumbup:

My guess is the kzj90nz is in New Zealand Clive you might need 2 stamps on the envelope :lol:

I guess i could help with wheels as well if you want but your on your own as far as sourcing them goes .

They're a PITA to find Shayne, but breathe easy mate, I've given up :lol:

Thanks for the offer though!

What I do need is to source KO2s, but I'll see what I can find when I come over next week.

Hahaha you guys crack me up - the offset is 55 which is pretty hardcore. Thanks for the info on Pete's KZJ90 - good to know it can be done and how it's been done. Think the general consensus is that the 265/70/16 will be a tad stretched!

Hahaha you guys crack me up - the offset is 55 which is pretty hardcore. Thanks for the info on Pete's KZJ90 - good to know it can be done and how it's been done. Think the general consensus is that the 265/70/16 will be a tad stretched!

That's a lot of offset and i think you might still run into trouble even with small tyres . Have a look at Andy's "back in black" thread he has a 2" lift and 16x8 zero offset wheels .

I have 16x8 with iirc a minus 38 offset and i think the only reason i get away with the offset is because i have a 4" lift . That said i have 285/75 tyres so i'm still guessing while thinking about how yours will fit .

The front wheels sort of arch around when you turn so full lock left or right actually moves your whole wheel further forward or backwards . Needing to lose the front mudguards and attacking the the wheel arch inner seam with a hammer and grinder is a fairly common necessity while fitting bigger tyres to the 90 and its the width rather than the diameter that causes this i think .

Mines been trimmed and i kept the flaps which were also trimmed and melted but they still catch occasionally .

DSCF2101.JPG

-55 is quite hefty, I'd need to add arches to my arches with those on board... :lol:

Hi guys, I've had some 16x10" rims offered to me for a really good price.

Has anyone fitted 265/70/16 tyres to 16x10" rims?

Anything to keep in mind?
I am running 265/70/r16 on my 16 10 rims fitted on a lj70 swb

I would just put it on stock 80 rims with those tyres (16 x 8, 0 offset) and if you want out of the arches slap 30mm spacers on (effectively - 30 offset).

Have a look at my build thread for pics.

Back