Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

285/75/16 Insa Turbo

L18 CGL

Garage
Anyone running these? If so what sort of mileage they doing and what is their true size? Was looking to run a set of 315/75/16 Hankook RT03's but I seen these Insa's at good money??

I has a set on a Land Rover 110 I had, they lost 1mm of tread for every 800 miles done. So depending on where your going to drive, I would get the Hankooks.

Paul

So the hankook will prob do at least 1.5 times the miles the Insa will do?

Not tried them, but they can be no worse. Depends on if your looking for grip or longer life.

Hankooks everytime, Insa's are fantastic in the sticky stuff but not made for the road in reality

I have those. They are not a road tyre. OK they are alright on the tarmac at the weekend driving to a pay and play or nipping for a pint of milk, but mine give me around 13 mpg and tend to go in the direction that best suits them rather than where I want to go. I haven't found that they wear particularly badly, but the new pattern with the massive side lugs do eat your wheel arches. :whistle: As Paul says, in the mud they are epic.

They are 33". There are quite a few tyres out there that claim to be 33, and 35 especially which just aren't. These are. I wanted some 35" but other than the serious brands such as the Coop STT and Procomps etc most are actually only 33 which is a bit of a swizz.

I may be selling a set at some point. All depends what's over the horizon.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hankook's it is then LOL My old absolutely done Bridgstone AT's with open diff's got me most place's so with my lockers and some proper mud tyres it should be vast improvement. Will get them ordered up tomorrow :thumbup:

Insa Turbo's make your 4x4 sound like a world war 2 bomber .
They are so noisey
But there is no doubting the capability of the Insa in the sticky stuff
I'd go for hankooks every day
i had 35/12.5/16 Hankook dyna pro's on my last cruiser and was very impressed
I'm running BFG MUDS at the mo and am even more impressed

Which brand of insa turbos are you considering?

I have had the special track on my old landrover and the wore quite well but a smaller vehicle with less power it has to be said. I have Insa Turbo desert trak on my lc 80 and they really suit it and returning a good 28mpg on a run. Rd noise isn;t actually too bad and a lot quieter than the special tracks. I'll see if I can upload a picture of them on the jeep.

Back