Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

3.0l exhaust

jeepmadmike

I've never been happy with the exhaust on my 70 and a couple of weeks ago it was rattling again so I cut it off!

So just a front pipe was too noisy!

I bought a cherry bomb type "silencer" fitted it and that made minimal difference, so I made and fitted a flow diverted / noise attenuator which has impoved it a lot, but It's still to loud for my my liking.

I've noticed it's made a considerable difference in performance :thumbup:

So this had got me thinking either get some "tats" and a ear ring or fabricate a decent sized system with a motorsport silencer, I would still like it to sound nice just not too loud

Or does anyone make a larger bore system

I have a feeling the system on mine is for a 2.4 by the way it was grafted on by a blind welder..... Shame really it appears to be stainless :roll:

jimbo4x4 had his custom made by PECO in Rockferry on the Wirral. They stuck his truck on the rolling road with 3 different designs before choosing the one hes now got. he gets a tad more bhp, a fair bit more torque and a little more economy out of it. :thumbup:

maybe there will be a similar place in your area? :think:

Theres a place just off the M5 at Wellington, and a sports exhaust co in Bridgwater (TSR I think).

Am sure there will be several in Exeter, maybe even Newton Abbott.

I know double s exhausts at cullompton But forgot about them! there MD is a hard work to buy stuff from unless your happy to pay above retail :roll:

Power flow stuff is what I would do anyway weld lots of bits together!

I might ask the factory foreman at double s to see if they do have a jig for a 70 anyway

PECO are great but a tad far for you! Good luck getting it sorted mate..

Jim.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
well i've been out and bought a heep of bends pipe and a box and removed the stainless system that was fitted :? the local motor factor gave he an exhaust book today and by the looks of it its a 2.4 system, under the dirt theres a power flow logo to....

im going from a 48mm system to a 57mm i was thinking bigger but the bends that i "found" are 57....

also the pipework and box might stay attached now off road the system fitted would have fallen off with a little tap! and some of the welds where awful

one day i will work out how to post pics on here but apple stuff seems to make that hard :x

jeepmadmike said:
well i've been out and bought a heep of bends pipe and a box and removed the stainless system that was fitted :? the local motor factor gave he an exhaust book today and by the looks of it its a 2.4 system, under the dirt theres a power flow logo to....

im going from a 48mm system to a 57mm i was thinking bigger but the bends that i "found" are 57....

also the pipework and box might stay attached now off road the system fitted would have fallen off with a little tap! and some of the welds where awful

one day i will work out how to post pics on here but apple stuff seems to make that hard :x

can email any pics to me if you want ... and i'll post them on here ... [email protected]

Bit late now but it was HGF motors in wellington, and they are powerflow suppliers.

So a standard 2.4 exhaust is 48mm?

I've emailed powerflow myself, will see what they come back with as a suggestion.

I recall Jim had his on a rolling road to check for power output.

Pete

After a weekend away in the camper with the family I finally escaped to the shed tonight,

I've got the exhaust system all assembled and tacked together, just need to fully weld it all and make some brackets for the mounting. that was what really let the old system down, Toyota rubbers where not used just some little girlie things and the brackets had been "welded" on!

I'll take some pictures b4 I fit it all back on (I'll work out how to post them or take carl up on his kind offer)

Need to raise the roof on the garage and install 2 poster that would speed things up making exhausts, but I've only spend 4 hours so far!

my center section of exhaust before i fitted it

iphonepicsto15-6-11804.jpg

Back