I was just asking Chris about this car.

Garage Won't move on price.

This is surprising though.

14 March 2016
Mileage39,191 miles
MOT test number7172 1286 2888
FAIL

Reason(s) for failure
  • Nearside Rear Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings (6.1.B.2)
What are these?

As we all know, everyone has there own opinion with values. This one's massively overpriced in mine, even if the mileage is genuine. It's not even a facelift 24v model. Is that colour scheme OEM? Can't recall seeing a tailgate bottom half in that combination before.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Agree with Towpack here. That price point is hard to understand.

Also, at that cost there are a few other options that open up as well.

The colour combination is correct, but there should be 'Turbo' stickers on the sides.

Not been used as a workhorse - but has towbar.
Only 39k but oddly has AT tyres and wheels have been refinished.
But aside from that, damn those seats look perfect.; don't they?

That appeared on gumtree up in Glasgow a couple of months ago, think it was about £10,000. Looked to be in a lorry yard or something in the pictures.

That's a lot of money for a vehicle that's had a previous mot fail for corrosion/been welded structurally.
Showroom based vehicle for show purposes? :think::think:

Maybe should be low miles as only used to tow in winter after the roads have been gritted :lol:

It just goes to show, its not always the mileage thats important but where its been located and how its been looked after. At that kind of budget if I wanted a "solid" 80 I'd buy one abroad from a RHD hot country ( ie Cyprus or similar) and start from there.
80's now are nearly all suffering from sill corrosion and looking fragile around the rear body mounts. The ones which will make the money are the few which have managed to avoid this.

It just goes to show, its not always the mileage thats important but where its been located and how its been looked after. At that kind of budget if I wanted a "solid" 80 I'd buy one abroad from a RHD hot country ( ie Cyprus or similar) and start from there.
80's now are nearly all suffering from sill corrosion and looking fragile around the rear body mounts. The ones which will make the money are the few which have managed to avoid this.

Don't forget the front wings behind the arch extensions too, I was surprised to find it on mine, it's only after it got bumped and I had to explore. Just dirt build up sat around the clips etc.

My sills look good what I can see, I'll at some point take the sliders and side steps off and have a sand back of the paint, corrosion is good at creeping under paint. If find anything it's sorted before takes hold, of nothing I'll just re paint the sills knowing it's all good.

It's turns 20 tomorrow and it's still one of the younger 80's.
Wouldn't ask that sort of money though!! Could prob buy mine 3 times for that price with change.

That appeared on gumtree up in Glasgow a couple of months ago, think it was about £10,000. Looked to be in a lorry yard or something in the pictures.

I'm sorry I missed it at that! I'd forgive the corrosion.

I just called them, said I'm calling about the land cruiser, I think he said "yes", I then said I've been keeping an eye out for one but I can't understand how it's failed the mot due to corrosion and has a tow bar yet it's a showroom car.

He then says I sold it yesterday.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I missed it at that! I'd forgive the corrosion.

I just called them, said I'm calling about the land cruiser, I think he said "yes", I then said I've been keeping an eye out for one but I can't understand how it's failed the mot due to corrosion and has a tow bar yet it's a showroom car.

He then says I sold it yesterday.

Of course he did, £18K 80's never hang around :lol:

I'm I the only person who can't see the truck? When I click on the link it just takes me to a page that says auto trader at the top...,,

Ah, I've seen that on the bay.

Cheers tp.

Would still be a nice one for the man cave. A little over priced though. I guess it may pull 8-10 to the right buyer. Maybe a little more if it's as good as it should be .

I guess they had some paint left over from the wheels, so used it to paint the centre caps and side steps.

Back