Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

3rd row seats in a jap import VX

Mark N

Hey guys,

Anyone have the factory installed 3rd row seats in a early (91?) jap import VX that could post a few pics of them and how they mount. I need to get some put in my truck but the seat the guy says is for my car doesn't look quite right. Can anyone identify this seat and Landcruiser it is from?

IMAG1735.jpg

Cheers
Mark

If it left the factory without rear seats then installation is not impossible but not easy. You will need the brackets for the mounting rails installing on the rear arches, then the mounting rails. the seats can then be installed but you need the grab handles installing so they can be hooked out of the way. The catches that the seats hook into in the floor will have to be installed by cutting into the floor and welding into place. If you need rear seat belts there are no factory mounting points for these so they will have to be made to replicate the factory ones.
Like I said, its a task and you would need a donor to provide the necessary parts.

Hope this helps

Andy

Thanks for the reply. I realise the work involved and have guys that are capable of the work -I am just not convinced that the seat they have is from a VX. Also a picture of the factory install would help to get everything located right.

The seat looks to be from a 90/ 95 seires.

it isn't an 80 series one.

ejujy2ep.jpg
e7e5epuv.jpg

3rd row of seats removed from my jap import, '94 model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome just what I needed thanks. Don't suppose they are for sale....?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mark i have some in brown you can have foc.
Stu

stumog - if foc means Free of Charge like I think it does then that is an awesome offer from you - thanks!!! will PM.

yes mark thats what it means just dont know how you would get them.

Befriend a blacksmith...

Hey guys,

Anyone have the factory installed 3rd row seats in a early (91?) jap import VX that could post a few pics of them and how they mount. I need to get some put in my truck but the seat the guy says is for my car doesn't look quite right. Can anyone identify this seat and Landcruiser it is from?

View attachment 13421

Cheers
Mark
We bought the same model from Japan years ago and thought it would be easy to put the extra seats in. We found to our dismay that they use a different body shell and they don't have the strengthening/fixing places - we picked up perfect seats from Craigs list in the US, but fixing them was the issue - we went to Toyota who wouldn't touch it, even though you can ostensibly buy fixing kits. So we went to a blacksmith who made us a cage which was fixed to the chassis and then we fixed the seats to that - its been perfect and still going strong 18 years on...

cmcmill01 or stumog - any chance you can weigh the seats for me...just need to figure out how to get them here. The grey would be my preference as they'd match my interior.

Cheers guys
Mark

Bloody typical, I want to get rid of my 3rd row and still need to find an engineer who will state it will not alter the vehicles structure...yeh go figure :icon-evil:

Later in the year I will need an engineer with the big guns to aprove my snorkel install:eusa-naughty: I often miss the UK so much........hmmm what time is it.......ah only 8 in the evening back to the pool I guess....well may be I miss the UK a little :icon-biggrin:

regards

Dave

Anybody know cmcmill01 and have a phone number or email address for him that could give him a prompt that I am trying to get in touch. He offered me his seats and I would like them but I am not getting replies to posts or PMs. Any help anyone?

Cheers
Mark

Let me know if you are still looking for a set of rear seats... I have a set of gray leather that were taken out about 5 years ago stored up the loft... will never now go back in. Heavy buggers though... FOC for the seats as well as I will need to empty the loft soon as selling the house... I'll wrap them in cardboard and wide packing tape as well.

Let me know.

Wow this is awesome guys. Thanks for the offer denboy - any chance of a pic or two... how buried are they ? And the weight?

The weight of leather rears is 17.5 kg each and the cloth ones are 15.3 kg each.
I have a pile of the grey rear seats also free if others do not come up with them.

Andy

Another offer- fantastic! Well my preference is grey to match the others. Where in the country are you Andy?

They came out my expo truck - they are fine - no rips that I can remember and as you'd expect they were not used that much to begin with... they were just unbolted and placed in the loft when my rear draw system was fitted by Julian. I'm by a little village called Odiham by Farnham. If you want to sort pickup I'm back in the UK on Monday - no photos possible until after Monday I'm afraid and if I get them out and lump them down and then you say you don't want them they will probably end up in the skip as I have to empty they loft.

Andycruiserlomas where in the country are you? And thanks for the weights.

Back