Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

40 series chassis, 80 series suspension, 75 series 5 speed, 12HT Diesel, Disc Brakes

Gal's towbar
IMG_1603.jpg

Towbar install

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

The larger 12HT Fuel Relay plug installed to the HJ47 wiring loom

IMG_1860.JPG

Engine throttle dampener installed which fixes the 12HT touchy throttle issue

IMG_1536.jpg
Don't leave you vehicle on the beach, large tides from last year uncovered this from the 1980's

user46751_pic4563_1306751043.jpg

Or forget to leave your vehicle to close to the waters edge at low ride.

2-20140905083144241833-620x414.jpg

Installing the IP at TDC

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_2100.JPG

New set of horns

IMG_1915.JPG

Alloy wheels sand blasted, epoxy primed, power coated and a clear over the top.

IMG_1765.jpg

All heat related parts are ceramic coated inside & out, reduces heat by 30%, all the light blue, black & grey are ceramic. The red is a dark chrome two pack with a red crystal overlay (very hard finish) to reduce corrosion. All other paint is rated at 1500degF, the ceramic supposed to run to 2000degsC.

The ceramic is soft to touch, its is pre-baked to 200degC, we will run the engine on Saturday on a 3 hour run which will finish the ceramic baking process on the exhaust manifold, heat shields & turbo.

Last edited:
Pickup another 4 more wheels for the next build.

IMG_1992.jpg

This the next chassis I currently have in the garage.

T-salesfolder07d.jpg

I think the joke is I have never actually seen Weston look that nice,, there is even a bit of blue sky, did you photoshop it.

I think the joke is I have never actually seen Weston look that nice,, there is even a bit of blue sky, did you photoshop it.

I agree Giles and that was the worst picture i could find on google.
stu

It alright having bright blue sky in OZ andyou can lie on a beach and see gorgeous girls clearly, on a uk beach you really need fog so you can't see some of the scary women.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
WOW Rob thats some 40 you've built! :icon-surprised: :drool: :clap:

Looks amazing and I love the attention to detail! :clap:

Thanks for taking the time to post all the pics. :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing/reading about the next one your building. :icon-biggrin:

If you ever find yourself down this way be sure to give me a shout. :icon-wink:

WOW Rob thats some 40 you've built! :icon-surprised: :drool: :clap:

Looks amazing and I love the attention to detail! :clap:

Thanks for taking the time to post all the pics. :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing/reading about the next one your building. :icon-biggrin:

If you ever find yourself down this way be sure to give me a shout. :icon-wink:

Thanks Ben, had a big test day today, (other a wheel alignment) the only problem I have is at idle if I pump the brake peddle 2 to 3 timed the brake light comes on (the light is connected to the vacuum tank), which I feel means the pump on the back of the alternator is not working properly.

I don't think its the booster because if it had a hole in it the light would be on all the time? I think this means that one or more of the 4 carbons vanes are broken thus not creating enough vacuum?

All finished, put another set of front 80 series coils in, all level. Added a 80 series adjustable rear panhard.

IMG_2220.jpg
IMG_2223.jpg
IMG_2214.jpg
IMG_2218.jpg
IMG_2256.jpg
IMG_2257.jpg
IMG_2247.jpg
IMG_2227.jpg
IMG_2243.jpg

Hi Rob that is one cool cruiser love it thanks for the pics love them old 40's it's a big :thumbup:from Tony.

IMG_2250.JPG

Installed another set of 80 series front radius arms with 3 deg caster bushes, my caster is now around +1.60 deg, also going to drop the front by another 1" which will give me another 1.5 deg caster, giving a total of aver 3 degs caster. As you can see the front is a little to high.

Thought I post the some photo's of parts you would need to install a 60 series power steering box into a 40 series using the standard 40 series steering column. By using these parts no welding is required.

IMG_1727a.jpg

IMG_1839a.jpg
IMG_1838a.jpg

Awesome work Rob, looks great! :thumbup:

I stalled a Lokka in the rear diff (front has a Harrop/Eaton E-locker), as its on the beach a full time rear Lokka works well, saves doing into 4 wheel drive a fair bit.

IMG_0929.JPG

Pickup my reset coil springs from King Springs tomorrow, this is my third set now and should drop my front down by 1" and give me around +3.25 caster.

Here's some shots of the chassis from being first finished, then gal'd, primed and then painted.

Gal Chassis 36g.jpg

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1282.JPG

A lot people enquire what's involved in mounting a 4 or 5 speed gearbox into a 40, you need one of these cross members.

IMG_1661.jpg

Back