Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4WD Solar trickle charger

I have a Lensun foldable panel, not that I use it much tbh, my fixed one on the truck roof outperforms the portable by many amps hr

There is a redarc place in the UK but can't remember the name of the companys.

I use a cheap Dokio 100w panel which keeps my fridge running fine and phones charged. I have had 2 of these the 1st returned under warranty when the case fell apart. The 1st one never gave more than 3A but the replacement was putting out 5A today so its looks like the charge controller isn't so good on these

I did not buy the kit with the charger included, mine plugs in to my Redarc Dc Dc charger

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I just stuck a 100w panel on the bonnet. You could do this neater of course and use a smaller panel. It’s been on for nearly a year and survived multiple off-road trips. Works superbly.
9C920CC5-D572-4796-8333-8E84B2560E86.jpeg

Changed the order and now have receipt of the Lensun 100W ETFE folding panel, Controller and 5 metre extension cables. Tested yesterday on a spare battery and output was good even when cloudy.
Question...…. My Colorado only has the one battery, if I connect the solar controller to trickle charge the battery would I need to disconnect it when starting the vehicle or should I install another intermediate component to isolate during starting?

Back