Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4x4 Expo

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
Anybody going to this show, is it worth driving 140 miles to the Staffordshire County Showground for?

Yes and no. But depends what you want from it Chas. If you're going to see folks, chat, have a cuppa and a wander then sure. If you are wanting a fab show packed with kit and bargain? Well you should know, you've been several times. It's just moved from Donnington that's all. Same show. I'm going 'cos I can.

I'm a bit incapacitated at the moment, I had a fall down the stairs, I'll see how I am at the weekend so I may make the effort.

Would this or the Overland show be best for overlanding kit, such as awnings.

I'm going but my wallet has recently been incapacitated so t will just be for a chat.

I'll be driving down from York on Sunday and will stop by on the way back south. As Chris said, more for a chat than any actual purchases.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm a bit incapacitated at the moment, I had a fall down the stairs, I'll see how I am at the weekend so I may make the effort.

hope the injury is no more serious than a bruise Chas

hope the injury is no more serious than a bruise Chas
It happened over a week ago and I've been hobbling about on crutches since then, left leg is a mass of bruises.
I'm happy to say though today is a great improvement. I'm not sure exactly what happened but I somehow managed to hit my left calf with my right knee.

I should be fighting fit by then but at the second I'm hobbling too after dropping 1/4 tonne of Triumph on my ankle. It must be contagious

Won't be going as will be getting more done on my new tattoo. I think Emma will kill me if spend any more money too!!!!

Good chance I’ll be there, might take a while to travel the 4 miles there though lol

Won’t get there this time, it’s around a 500 mile round trip & although there are a few bits I want for the next trip, I’ll probably go to (dare I say it) ..........the billing Landrover show, where from previous experience there were a LOT more traders stands to get the bits I’m after
Andy

Won’t get there this time, it’s around a 500 mile round trip & although there are a few bits I want for the next trip, I’ll probably go to (dare I say it) ..........the billing Landrover show, where from previous experience there were a LOT more traders stands to get the bits I’m after
Andy
There was a thing on FB saying it's not just for land rover anymore

Andy
TBH the billing show is pretty dead now they have the Kelmarsh one

Stafford is just a bit too much of a trek from south Norfolk. Why are the other two shows on the same weekend? That's madness. Would most likely give the Kelmarsh one a look as it's nearer, went to Billing in about 2000 when we were looking for a Defender, really enjoyed the show and luckily dodged the Landrover shaped bullet.

Ohhh Chas! :doh:Maybe it’s time to put the ice dancing championship hopes on the back burner eh! That triple Lutz was always going to be a bit of a challenge. :whistle:

Hope you’re better soon mate.

Ohhh Chas! :doh:Maybe it’s time to put the ice dancing championship hopes on the back burner eh! That triple Lutz was always going to be a bit of a challenge. :whistle:

Hope you’re better soon mate.
I was thinking of going for the snowboarding, they always look as though they're going to fall over. Actually today has seen a great improvement in mobility.

I was thinking of going for the snowboarding, they always look as though they're going to fall over. Actually today has seen a great improvement in mobility.
Maybe the luge? It seems to attract some snazzy clothing too. Should be pretty difficult to fall from that and you could practice on the tea tray down the stairs. :)

Maybe the luge? It seems to attract some snazzy clothing too. Should be pretty difficult to fall from that and you could practice on the tea tray down the stairs. :)
Actually the Luge and Bobsleigh are my favourites in the Winter Olympics, and the curling.

Back