Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4x4 Expo

It's got quite an impressive list of exhibitors, and its only an hour from me so maybe we will head over.

Has anyone been before? Is it any good?

It's good for going to pick up lots of bits n Bob's and things you didnt know you needed. Winch, light, storage etc

Yes can prove dam expensive

I am going to look at a howlingmoon 270 awning with sides from flatdog

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Been going for years. It's more off road than overland but there is some stuff. Remember it's not at Donny

i will probably go as i am in mid build.

I may try to make it over, depending on the little one.

Yeah iam probably going to head over to this. If I take the little car it kerbs the spending

I'm going to have a little run over and have a butchers

I've bought a jeep rubicon..

May we see a picture of the new weapon? Can I ask of your reasoning behind the purchase?
I too went there, my first visit to The “Donington” , I really enjoyed myself, some excellent equipment on offer, for me, the most interesting vehicle there was the outstanding 105 on the West Coast stand, absolutely stunning, it is a “work in progress” but a very desirable vehicle, and very interesting, helpful people manning the stand.
Cradocks, their associates also a very interesting stand with a very interesting stable of trucks, although “ traybacks” ain’t my thing they had a beauty of a 40 series with a 2H in it, a lovely 70 series trayback and a recently restored (by them) 70 Estate that had a 3litre Colorado lump fitted ( by them) very nice. They knew their onions alright, but they would, they are farmers.
The off road racers were in abundance and once again “ not my thing” I saw some excellent innovations, the ideas some have used in all departments, and the standard of engineering was fabulous. There were people selling all sorts of camping ( glamping) stuff and I bought some articles myself.
I have a 270deg awning made by a company who were called Safari, it’s a free standing item with provision for tie downs, had it for 6 years or more, with alloy and stainless construction, and this show was the first time I’ve been able to view the opposition’s offerings, well, I’m a bit disappointed in what I saw, instead of improving they seem to have gone the “ economy” route. Well that’s the way of the world I suppose. And if they work ok, who am I to criticise?, I’m not gonna buy one, got one.
The New 4Door Jeeps on display were gorgeous, things of real beauty, very desirable, mind boggling, I’ve been the owner of a well sorted TJ 4 litre TH 400 auto box with all the trimmings, so I am an affectionado, but these were just light years in front of that. It seems they have addressed every criticism against Jeep, sorted it, then improved it. I can understand anyone drawn to buying one, especially those on offer.
Of course there were the Land Rover products and some very good items for sale, not much in the form of the latest products from ( is it Land Rover or Range Rover now?) head office and I’m interested as still own 2 of the older Discos 1 s.
Next time I go, I will pack my own lunch/ refreshments as the queues were a tad long, and I didn’t want home made pies and chips, those who did seemed to enjoy them tho’
1 was there from 10am to 3.30pm not long enough for me and as I had 3.5 hour drive home which turned into a 4 1/4 hour I wanted to get going, if you think the traffic in the south east is bad, try out the Midlands, mind blowing and I drive into London 4 days a week, you need an helicopter for the Midlands. ( nice people tho’)

Gone on a bit ain’t I? Sorry about that, Best regards all, Bill Westley

May we see a picture of the new weapon? Can I ask of your reasoning behind the purchase?
I too went there, my first visit to The “Donington” , I really enjoyed myself, some excellent equipment on offer, for me, the most interesting vehicle there was the outstanding 105 on the West Coast stand, absolutely stunning, it is a “work in progress” but a very desirable vehicle, and very interesting, helpful people manning the stand.
Cradocks, their associates also a very interesting stand with a very interesting stable of trucks, although “ traybacks” ain’t my thing they had a beauty of a 40 series with a 2H in it, a lovely 70 series trayback and a recently restored (by them) 70 Estate that had a 3litre Colorado lump fitted ( by them) very nice. They knew their onions alright, but they would, they are farmers.
The off road racers were in abundance and once again “ not my thing” I saw some excellent innovations, the ideas some have used in all departments, and the standard of engineering was fabulous. There were people selling all sorts of camping ( glamping) stuff and I bought some articles myself.
I have a 270deg awning made by a company who were called Safari, it’s a free standing item with provision for tie downs, had it for 6 years or more, with alloy and stainless construction, and this show was the first time I’ve been able to view the opposition’s offerings, well, I’m a bit disappointed in what I saw, instead of improving they seem to have gone the “ economy” route. Well that’s the way of the world I suppose. And if they work ok, who am I to criticise?, I’m not gonna buy one, got one.
The New 4Door Jeeps on display were gorgeous, things of real beauty, very desirable, mind boggling, I’ve been the owner of a well sorted TJ 4 litre TH 400 auto box with all the trimmings, so I am an affectionado, but these were just light years in front of that. It seems they have addressed every criticism against Jeep, sorted it, then improved it. I can understand anyone drawn to buying one, especially those on offer.
Of course there were the Land Rover products and some very good items for sale, not much in the form of the latest products from ( is it Land Rover or Range Rover now?) head office and I’m interested as still own 2 of the older Discos 1 s.
Next time I go, I will pack my own lunch/ refreshments as the queues were a tad long, and I didn’t want home made pies and chips, those who did seemed to enjoy them tho’
1 was there from 10am to 3.30pm not long enough for me and as I had 3.5 hour drive home which turned into a 4 1/4 hour I wanted to get going, if you think the traffic in the south east is bad, try out the Midlands, mind blowing and I drive into London 4 days a week, you need an helicopter for the Midlands. ( nice people tho’)

Gone on a bit ain’t I? Sorry about that, Best regards all, Bill Westley
Sorry Bill, I was joking. I didn't, but I felt as though I should of.. :) there was lots of them there.

Funny how jeep have managed to stay true to there form compared to the defender. They look very purposeful and 4x4 like.
Seemed a bit cramped inside and visibility not particularly good with a piller box slot like windscreen.

The show made a good half day out for us, its only 35 mins away.
I certainly wouldn't travel half the length of the country for it though.

Oh regarding the food. Queues were very long.
Thoroughly enjoyed my full English and brew though. :thumbup:

Sorry Bill, I was joking. I didn't, but I felt as though I should of.. :) there was lots of them there.

Funny how jeep have managed to stay true to there form compared to the defender. They look very purposeful and 4x4 like.
Seemed a bit cramped inside and visibility not particularly good with a piller box slot like windscreen.

The show made a good half day out for us, its only 35 mins away.
I certainly wouldn't travel half the length of the country for it though.
Love the “ pillar box slit” that’s the retro “ 2nd ww” style cue, LOL, one of our pals has the SWB version and it ain’t cramped, but, for a family it may be so and especially so with the 4Door version. Sfunny, I’m a permanent 4wd merchant, I love the 4wd, although the jeeps do handle well in 2wd, but for Overlanding, well for me it’s the “ belt and braces” the real McCoy, proper job, you know, a four wheel drive. However, plenty disagree, and I agree with you they ( Jeep) have stayed faithful to their image.
It’s was worth the trip, years ago went to Billing and the Stratford Race course, all good but the best has to be The Bad Kissingham, I hope to go in June.
Best Regards Bill Westley

Missed you Mike. Saw and Trev and Stu, but not yourself. Plenty there but not much that I wanted. Went on the bike for a run out. Coming past Carsington res, it was over my boots due to the rain. Fun though if slightly unnerving.

Back