Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

5.7 v8 oildrain plug

NV14

Country Flag
united_states
2010 200 series LC 150000 mile. Routine oil change, dealer advises perform time cert repair for oil pan, install new drain plug, cost USD 207.00! Anyone else have this problem, if so was permanent fix or can I expect leaks and/or $900.00 pan replacement next oil change?

2010 200 series LC 150000 mile. Routine oil change, dealer advises perform time cert repair for oil pan, install new drain plug, cost USD 207.00! Anyone else have this problem, if so was permanent fix or can I expect leaks and/or $900.00 pan replacement next oil change?
Did you hit the oil pan already ?! why you needs to repair the good oil pan when there is no leaks and no damage ? maybe they stripped drain plug and they wants to repair it or something like this . Did you see any visual damage on your pan !?

Does the oil pan have a gasket sealing it? Maybe they are referring to replacing that and an oil sending pump (or equivalent)?!. If the threaded drain plug hole is stripped or leaking a new washer and rethreading it or making the hole larger with rethreading and a larger plug could possibly work. Never heard of just replacing it for certification. I like my Fumoto valve for draining oil.

Does the oil pan have a gasket sealing it? Maybe they are referring to replacing that and an oil sending pump (or equivalent)?!. If the threaded drain plug hole is stripped or leaking a new washer and rethreading it or making the hole larger with rethreading and a larger plug could possibly work. Never heard of just replacing it for certification. I like my Fumoto valve for draining oil.
I use vehicle in back country of NE Nevada in land sales business. Am 85 yrs old unable to do much under vehicle work. To my knowledge no pan hits were noticed. Suspect that pan threads were substandard. Dealer fix as noted previously did not work at next oil change ( Cost several hundred dollars). Replaced pan for many more hundreds of dollars. Victim of dealer ripoff or manufacturer defect? Who knows! I have owned many Toyotas beginning in the mid 1960`s with FJ 40`s. Toyotas have proven to me to be more reliable than most other back country rigs. This pan fiasco gives me second thoughts. D Mack

Back