Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

5 Cylinder VM Dipstick help

dirty_panda

Could anyone with a 5 cylinder VM engine help me out with some measurements? The engine oil dipstick that came with the truck looks like it belongs in a generator and does not seal or fit over the tube. It is a piece of wire with zig zag bends that indicates hi or low levels... a pain to check in the dark. Going to replace it with something more user friendly as soon as I can get some measurements. I am looking for measurements from inside the upper cap to the hi mark, low mark and end of the stick. Thanks in advance.

If you can get hold of a suitable dipstick that's long enough and fits the tube. I previously had the problem on a 1kzt with a different sump to the dip stick. I researched the max amount of oil for when an oil change is done for the model the sump is off.

Drain the oil out and fill it with the exact amount of oil. Let it settle for a while and take a dip stick reading. I then marked the new dipstick with a centre punch which is the high oil amount. Luckily the engine doesn't use any oil so it stays on the top mark.. If you can research the minimum oil level could fill it to that quantity first and mark the low line.. Good luck with it!

iwan_t24 thanks for the advice! I will go that route. The listed capacity for the engine is 10.7 liters of oil with a filter change which is the most I have ever used on a personal vehicle. I'll post the results when I get a chance.

If you can get hold of a suitable dipstick that's long enough and fits the tube. I previously had the problem on a 1kzt with a different sump to the dip stick. I researched the max amount of oil for when an oil change is done for the model the sump is off.

Drain the oil out and fill it with the exact amount of oil. Let it settle for a while and take a dip stick reading. I then marked the new dipstick with a centre punch which is the high oil amount. Luckily the engine doesn't use any oil so it stays on the top mark.. If you can research the minimum oil level could fill it to that quantity first and mark the low line.. Good luck with it!

exactly what i did with a 4 cylinder vm

Back