Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

5 speed auto oil change

Philip amos

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
What is the difinitive method to change the fluid withot the aid of machinery
thanks

All I have done is drain out what you can get out and put the same amount back in, then I have driven them and repeated the process a couple of times. But believe me I'm no expert

All I have done is drain out what you can get out and put the same amount back in, then I have driven them and repeated the process a couple of times. But believe me I'm no expert
Thanks

You would eventually get the change done that way @David, and it would be relatively easy:thumbup:, but not at all cost effective:thumbdown:.

The above method, is not pracital on the Toyota A750F 5 spd Auto Gear Box, due to the lack of dip stick, or as Del would say, a 'Rodney', also there is no, in the true sense of the word a 'drain plug'.

The A750F Auto G.B is NOT a seald for life unit, as some would say, nor was it ever designed to be, it does however use 'WS' = 'World Standard' a very long life auto transmission fluid. How long the 'WS' fluid lasts is dependent on how the A750F has been used, E.G, no towing and light cruising, as opposed to heavy towing especially up steep long hills, getting hot, and lots of 'around town' gear changing type driving.

You will never be able to 'just' drain all the trans fluid from almost all auto boxes, including the A750F, in comparison to an internal combustion engine, which has a true 'sump' for the fluid to drain into.

An auto G.B's (transmission) has a 'torque converter' or as some call it a 'fluid flywheel' and as there is no direct path for the trans fluid to drain from the TC to the 'drain plug' this is the reason you can't get all of the trans fluid out.

I believe there is a method using the oil cooler tubes and the auto boxes internal pump, with the motor running and moving through the gears, also, I think, there is a mechanical method where the fluid is sucked out.

I have no experience of either of the above methods.

I have changed most of the fluid and also the strainer (it's not a filter) in my A750F, using the ramps and laying under the car, drain, sump off and back on, refill and temperature method, it's not a straight forward procedure. So as @AndycruiserguyLomas said "Look on You Tube, theres plenty on there showing what to do".

Hat's off to Andy.

When I did mine I just Googled 'A750F fluid change' or words to the effect.

It's as easy as that.
:)

P.S, be warned, never use anything other than 'WS' Trans fluid in your A750F, or you WILL eventually have Transmission problems.

Have a nice day, y'all :):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back