Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

60 series gearbox reco and overheating problems

60onthego

Country Flag
australia
Hello to all, am new to the group but is a pleasure to find so many with 60's out there.

Would like some advice on my 60 box from those in the know.

Few months back got the automatic box reconditioned in my cruiser, corks, pump and a few other things, they did the box and transmission and gave me the parts that came out. Prior to that it was not changing as should and a strange vibration at about 80ks and the oil sensor light was coming on on a long trip.

Now the box on a long trip or a trip that involves hills overheats....or so the light in the cabin next to the stick indicates. The light is not always on, but at the same time the light comes on I can feel the heat from the box, by placing my hand next to the selector.

I rand the person who recoed it, he said I would not be able to feel the heat like that inside the cabin and also it could be a faulty sensor, my though is the sensor is not on all the time so it could not be faulty.

The oil is not burnt, the oil level is fine, the oil is just on service time.

The light that comes on is the AT TEMP light.

Any thoughts on what could be going on here?

hi did you have the torque converter rebuilt or changed this can have the clutch inside sliping which will genorate heat
just a idea taz "torque of the devil"

Also does the 60 series have a dedicated ATF cooler or does it cool through the radiator?

hi did you have the torque converter rebuilt or changed this can have the clutch inside sliping which will genorate heat
just a idea taz "torque of the devil"

The gearbox and transfer was supposed to be reco'ed

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back