Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

60 up for grabs

It should make serious money if its a factory turbo 61 with that kit on it.

Mmm! Wonder what his reserve is?..
I have contacted the seller. It is not turbocharged. I did try to explain to him that he was in fact selling an HJ60 but the man still thinks he has the only HJ61 NA.

I truly cannot fathom these ads that say ‘doesn’t have an MOT, but will pass no problem’.
Well bloody put it in for one then!!!!!
Bit surprised he doesn’t seem to know what he’s got.

He said it had difflocks and aircon but didnt send any evidence

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have contacted the seller. It is not turbocharged. I did try to explain to him that he was in fact selling an HJ60 but the man still thinks he has the only HJ61 NA.

Its not a surprise that its not a 61, they really are rare, makes a whole load of difference to the price.

He said it had difflocks and aircon but didnt send any evidence

I've had a few 60's in my time and only come across air con on a couple of JDM imports and only LSD axles on the same.

My old 60 had round head lights and you had to manually put it into 4wd etc. I always thought the 61 had the square lights and the fancy electric switch for 4wd etc... Shows how much i know...... This ones probably been a green lane Truck with no MOT.. now he wants rid... In the second to last photo it looks like hes chucked a bit of Black paint at it... You cant not like a 60/61 Tho.. :lol:

…and what is a ‘light respray’? Any respray is either done or not done properly. That’s £2000 to £2500 unless it’s done in Romania.

I've had a few 60's in my time and only come across air con on a couple of JDM imports and only LSD axles on the same.[/QUOTE]

I have located an import vx with 12ht, cable lockers, aircon and auto and rust free chassis in uk. He wanted £12k 2 years ago but i am holding off, i know he paid £8k but his latest offer was £7.5k. Still too high for me but if it gets down to £5k then I may go for it and convert it to a manual and switch all my new parts onto it. It will still need a full respray which will be another £5k.
At that outlay i could get a minter 80 import!!
But it would be a cracking truck.
Euro millions tonight again !

If you win the Lotto Ben... Im not fussy, An 80 or 60 will do.. preferably silver.. Oh! and air con..:thumbup:

No it's doesn't have turbo, the European Market never did, the hj61 was produced for the UK market from 1987 to 1990 that is what makes it a hj61, the Australian japanese and North American markets were the only country's to receive the turbo model......This was the chaps reply when i asked about the 60/61. So it sounds like it IS a 61:lol:

:eusa-snooty:
No it's doesn't have turbo, the European Market never did, the hj61 was produced for the UK market from 1987 to 1990 that is what makes it a hj61, the Australian japanese and North American markets were the only country's to receive the turbo model......This was the chaps reply when i asked about the 60/61. So it sounds like it IS a 61:lol:

Still not changing his position then. I did suggest that he checked the identification plate under the bonnet, but I guess he is so certain that he has the only non-turbo HJ61 that he probably feels he doesn't have to. :snooty:

Last edited:
Looks like hes lowered the Reserve price.... Be interesting to see what it goes for.. Thats if it sells.. Wish i had room for it... And Money

Mmm! Comes with a spare Roof..

One of my old ones I'm afraid. I sold it a while ago with a poor bodyshell with a good roof. A lot of it is quite solid though, better than average but the roof is very rotten.

One of my old ones I'm afraid. I sold it a while ago with a poor bodyshell with a good roof. A lot of it is quite solid though, better than average but the roof is very rotten.
I remember my old 60, The roof would start peeling back in a good wind... or if i managed to get it up to 65.. The thing was, it was about the only area of rust on it...

The thing which seems to be the bugbear of 60 roofs is fitting a roof rack. The brackets tend to break the film of sealer round the roof which goes unnoticed as its shielded by the gutter. Water gets in and its game over.

Looks like hes lowered the Reserve price.... Be interesting to see what it goes for.. Thats if it sells.. Wish i had room for it... And Money
It does look tidy and i'm also interested to see what it fetches, i'd guess someone was trying to find out the reserve as a bid of 5k was made and retracted.

It doesn't appear to have any MOT history on the .gov checker so possibly been off the road for a good while.

Back