60A to 100+A alternator

BenjiCarlos Nov 8, 2018

Tags:
  1. BenjiCarlos

BenjiCarlos New Member I am in uk

Map
    Hey guys, I have a 60A round pin alternator on my 1991 HDJ81. It is playing up so I would like to upgrade it as it is 27 years old.

I can only find 60A ones with a round plug. What can I put in its place and what will I need regarding brackets and plug swap arounders? (I know that isn't a word.. haha)
    Something like this?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toyota-Alt...nd+to+oval&dpPl=1&dpID=41IAQCZF2kL&ref=plSrch

Part numbers would be great!

Thanks, Ben.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Well-Known Member I am in great_britain

Map
    Hi Ben
    Your title says 60 to 100 Amp but you say all you can find is a 60 Amp one don't you mean 100 Amp ?

3. BenjiCarlos

BenjiCarlos New Member I am in uk

Map
    Hi Steve, my one is the old 60 amp one. I managed to get a 120amp one from a newer cruiser from gary at 80 breaker. Took a bit of fettling but she is in!

4. karl webster

karl webster Land Cruiser Club sponsor Promoted Company Guru Land Cruiser Club Promoted Company

Map
    did you cut the round plug off the origonal one benjy?

5. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in uk

Garage:
    Map
    Perhaps you could share with us what you had to do and post up some pics in case others want to do the mod. Part numbers would also be useful as well as the wiring you upgraded and the plugs involved etc as Karl has said.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter