Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

7 Things We Love But Still 1 We Hate.

Long live the mighty 70! :clap:

Maybe once the UK has finally left the EU, Toyota might be allowed to sell them over there, especially now they have scored an ANCAP 5 rating and Euro 5 emissions. :think:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: It's worth leaving the EU for that reason alone!

Long live the mighty 70! :clap:

https://www.mr4x4.com.au/2017-landcruiser-70-series-7-things-love-1-hate/

Maybe once the UK has finally left the EU, Toyota might be allowed to sell them over there, especially now they have scored an ANCAP 5 rating and Euro 5 emissions. :think:

https://www.ancap.com.au/media-and-...and-upgraded-landcruiser-70-series-now-5-star

Best part of £40K for a single cab pick up though? Who buys them in Oz? I just don't know who'd buy them in the UK (I would if I had 40K!).

Its not just A pick up, its THE pick up! It would be wrong to put it in the same category as a Hi-lux, Ranger, Navara etc. :eusa-naughty:

The 70 will out pull, out carry, out tow and out live anything else on the market! :icon-cool:

The main buyers of new ones are businesses and companies that can then obviously claim it back at tax time. Anyone from builders to farmers to utility companies. :think:

Its not just A pick up, its THE pick up! It would be wrong to put it in the same category as a Hi-lux, Ranger, Navara etc. :eusa-naughty:

The 70 will out pull, out carry, out tow and out live anything else on the market! :icon-cool:

The main buyers of new ones are businesses and companies that can then obviously claim it back at tax time. Anyone from builders to farmers to utility companies. :think:

I suppose the problem it would have in the UK is it doesn't have the history here, so no one will know that. If they are Euro 5 compliant on the engines I can only think Toyota don't see Europe as a big enough market to bother with type approval. Same as for the 200.

A tough truck for tough places. Is Britain tough enough for truck this tough?

Britain has been obsessed by LR for the last 50 odd years. But times they are a changing you've only gotta look at how many Hilux's are now being run by the power companies.

Fond memories of driving one like this in Oz 13 years ago
IMG_2576.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A tough truck for tough places. Is Britain tough enough for truck this tough?

Britain has been obsessed by LR for the last 50 odd years. But times they are a changing you've only gotta look at how many Hilux's are now being run by the power companies.

Fond memories of driving one like this in Oz 13 years ago
View attachment 109483

I can't remember the last time I saw Western Power with a Land Rover. They've been running Ford Rangers for years round here. BT historically had a load of Defenders but they started replacing those with Transit Vans about 20 years ago. They just didn't need the off-road capabilities. There are still LRs on farms round here, because there always have been. But I reckon more than 75% at the livestock auctions are now Jap pick-ups. For serious rough stuff people use quad bikes or tractors. We don't have the hundreds of miles without seeing tarmac requirement some places do.

Western Power and especially Network Rail seem to run new Hilux round here. The council has an aging Defender 110 and I think I've seen an AA 110 lately, but equally I've seen a AA hilux.

What I do think though is the Hilux has gained a seriously good reputation around here as the ultimate work 4x4, so people/companies may buy into the 70 series on the strength of that.

Western Power and especially Network Rail seem to run new Hilux round here. The council has an aging Defender 110 and I think I've seen an AA 110 lately, but equally I've seen a AA hilux.

What I do think though is the Hilux has gained a seriously good reputation around here as the ultimate work 4x4, so people/companies may buy into the 70 series on the strength of that.

From a farming perspective the HiLux is losing ground because it can't tow 3.5 tons. That would be a good selling point, but you still have to persuade people to spend 20 grand more than on a DMax or Ranger.

From a farming perspective the HiLux is losing ground because it can't tow 3.5 tons. That would be a good selling point, but you still have to persuade people to spend 20 grand more than on a DMax or Ranger.

The new 2016 hilux single and extra cab models are rated for 3.5 tons in U.K. And the double cab is 3.2 tons
Just got that from UK Toyota website

I don't think people in the UK would really be up for the 70 series, at that price. The conditions of the UK compared to Australia, SA ect is different and the UK just doesn't need such a heavy duty pick up! Plus even if they attempted, they'll just be taking sales away from the Hilux.

The new 2016 hilux single and extra cab models are rated for 3.5 tons in U.K. And the double cab is 3.2 tons
Just got that from UK Toyota website

Ooh, they look nice. Wonder why they can't do 3.5 tons on a double cab though, that's a real shame. Ridiculously high spec for the base model as well. A cool box in the glove compartment. Just what I need in South Wales :)

I often wonder if the utility's/etc miss the size and carrying capabilities of the 110 or even the 130, and therefore might be tempted to look at a bigger Toyota.

well last October I just paid short of $75,000 AUD for the GXL twin cab with a steel tray, including a few accessories

love the V8 4.5 diesel as it purrs along the highway and dirt roads, plus it would yank a bulldozer in a tug of war

great vehicle for towing and carting stuff and I like the old fashioned part time 4x4 and diff locks front and rear

I was going to buy a Land Rover Defender but they stopped production and I didn't want a soft off roader with bull shitty electronic stuff that complicates maintenance and tends to crap out in the back of nowhere

You dodged a bullet there Bonza! :icon-wink:

Go the mighty V8 70 series! :thumbup:

Back