Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

70 Series prices (Up or Down)

Birder

As you guys are aware I am selling my HZJ75, however am I doing the right thing.

I am not talking about being a LC fan or anything like that, but simply money wise.

The 70 Series (All models) are getting older and have a cult status but even so many have been split for spares or scrapped.
Good ones are getting harder and harder to find and none are being imported so they will get rarer and rarer.

Without doubt my 75 is a good one and it took me a long time to find it, I am not saying its mint but you would have to go a long way to find a better one in the UK so my question is, would mine worth keeping as a pure investment?

If you can find a 75, they are normally average to well used condition. I have seen 3 for sale in the last 12 months
1) 1984 160k at £9700 (Aussie Import)
2) 1997 158k at £8000 (Aussie import)
3) 1998 58k at £10000 (UK) <-mine

Aussie imports can have very hidden pasts as mine trucks and may well be earlier than the registration, mine is a genuine UK truck with no hidden past.

Whats your thoughts, is mine going to go up or down, and what about the others?

Thanks

Its difficult to say with your model - its so rare that there isnt a mainstream demand as with other models ie 80 series, so whoever buys it will be getting it because of its uniqueness - so its a bit harder to judge than the 80 series.

Overall, it will go down in value, few cars dont, but then whatever you buy next will go down in value as well, so depreciation isnt a good reason to sell.

Here's the way I see it - I've just sold my Chevy G20 dayvan - I have never smiled so much driving a car in my life (including my traffic patrol course which included daily 155mph motorway runs!), and every day I regret selling it, worst mistake ever, the money wasnt the issue, just too many vehicles - but now its gone I miss it like mad.

So, when you sit in it, does it make you grin - if so, keep it, if not....its just another car, move on to something else.

Pete

Personally I can't see 75's going up in value any more than they are at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, they're great trucks. I had my 75 troopie for 3 years and lived out of it for a year and half through Africa. Took us everywhere we wanted to go carrying a fair weight of overland clutter without letting us down once - when I get back to Aus next year I'd love to get another one.

But whichever way you look at it £8,000 - £10,000 for a very basic 15 year old vehicle is expensive and I'm just not sure that people are going to pay much more than that no matter how rare they are.

Back