Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

70 series suspension lift

Declan

Country Flag
ireland
So I’ve a 70 series there and I’ve been told that the front springs from an 80 series fit both the front and rear of the 70, anyone know if it’s true or not?

There are quite a few different 70s, so the answer might be : it depends.

What I would do is try the specifics on the efs website and see what part numbers they give you for the two vehicles. Unlike Toyota, they dont put different part numbers on the same spec shocks springs.

If you have a round light coil sprung lj70, the 80 front standard height coils will give upto 4" lift and the 80 front shocks will bolt in too.
I used the standard 8 coils on the front and slightly heavier 9 coils (winds) on the rear as it's quite alot heavier on the rear.
I modified some rear landrover shocks on the rear! You'll need some bigger wheels to finish off the package with!

All in all a very cost effective bundera suspension mod..:icon-cool::thumbup:

Square light lj70 different story!:angry-nono:

Reactions: Ben
If you have a round light coil sprung lj70, the 80 front standard height coils will give upto 4" lift and the 80 front shocks will bolt in too.
I used the standard 8 coils on the front and slightly heavier 9 coils (winds) on the rear as it's quite alot heavier on the rear.
I modified some rear landrover shocks on the rear! You'll need some bigger wheels to finish off the package with!

All in all a very cost effective bundera suspension mod..:icon-cool::thumbup:

Square light lj70 different story!:angry-nono:

Mine is a square light model unfortunately, whats the difference??

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just trying to build a very cheap offroader haha

Chop those arches out and stuff as big of a tyre as you can into them, the 80 springs will lift you up but articulation will be lacking and with a 4" lift these trucks can be a little unstable, keep it low with big treads and you'll have a monster that ain't afraid to side hill

I don't know about the 70 series but it seems to me a 2 inch body lift on a 2 inch suspension lift with a wider or more offset wheel and tyre is a sensible way to go extreme because in a vague manner your sticking with mrT's intended geometry . Saves you cutting away too much body as well .

Back