Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

76 series door pods

Mike M

Country Flag
scotland
I've been wanting a set of these for a while and bought some from cruiser consoles in Australia who shipped these over for me.
They take abit of fitting which is more to do with the wiring making sure it looks factory but the quality of these pods is amazing. Only someone familiar with 70 series cruisers would spy them as an add on.

Still one to fit on the rear driver's door, but so far the stereo sounds 100% better. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Attachments

• IMG_20200511_210221.jpg
    IMG_20200511_210221.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20200511_210303.jpg
    IMG_20200511_210303.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20200513_194652.jpg
    IMG_20200513_194652.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20200513_194718.jpg
    IMG_20200513_194718.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 75
They look great. Is there not a bit of cutting the door to fit them?

They look great. Is there not a bit of cutting the door to fit them?
Cheers, yeah very close to factory finish. The fronts I only had to cut the door card for the speaker magnet and re route the cabling slightly but the rear I've had to cut a small section out the door to clearance the larger 6x9 speaker. Takes time as I like to make sure all the metal cuttings are removed out the door and paint the bare metal edge.

Looking good, I fitted similar to the front doors on my Troopy.

How did you get on changing the stereo? I have just (after 2 years!!) taken the Japanese stereo out ready to wire in the new one and the connections look horrendous. I thought it might be a plug and play situation but not likely!! Any tips welcome

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How did you get on changing the stereo? I have just (after 2 years!!) taken the Japanese stereo out ready to wire in the new one and the connections look horrendous. I thought it might be a plug and play situation but not likely!! Any tips welcome
I ended up fitting a double din android unit and getting a wiring harness adapter for Toyota and everything worked great, electric aerial and everything. Managed to use the existing brackets but had to clearance the black dash panel.

thanks. Yes, after much googling this afternoon, I think I am heading in that direction. I bought a cheapy android stereo from ebay but I think the plug is the same as JVC so hopefully will find some adapters. What stereo did you get in the end? Any photos?

I just can't help wondering what all these other connections are!!!

Attachments

• _20200516_193328.JPG
    _20200516_193328.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 76
I just can't help wondering what all these other connections are!!!
Yeah I was the same, my cruiser only used three of them and I still don't know what the small plug was for. Everything is in the two larger plugs including the aerial control allowing the dash buttons to work as normal.
I bought a pumpkin auto android 8.0 unit on Amazon. It's abit narrower than the original stereo but the bezel supplied filled the gaps. It's not perfect by any means and would have liked that bezel to sit behind the dash trim but there's no room behind the stereo. It's tight as it is with the cables. I've tied in a reverse camera and dash cam in the unit and the WiFi antenna is under the dash. GPS antenna tucked down between the dash and the windscreen.

Attachments

• IMG_20181028_173515.jpg
    IMG_20181028_173515.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20181128_211348.jpg
    IMG_20181128_211348.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20181107_162705.jpg
    IMG_20181107_162705.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 70
thanks. I've ordered a harness to convert the two main plugs. Mines just a cheapy £70 ebay android unit. Luckily it is only half the depth so there is plenty of room behind it, although I will have to modify the mounting brackets to fit. I already had a reversing camera so will have to work out which plug that is, plus there is a gps aerial to go on. My car also has something stuck to the windscreen but I think that was for the electronic toll box which was fitted. Plus the microphone behind the mirror.........wires, wires, wires :anguished:

thanks. I've ordered a harness to convert the two main plugs. Mines just a cheapy £70 ebay android unit. Luckily it is only half the depth so there is plenty of room behind it, although I will have to modify the mounting brackets to fit. I already had a reversing camera so will have to work out which plug that is, plus there is a gps aerial to go on. My car also has something stuck to the windscreen but I think that was for the electronic toll box which was fitted. Plus the microphone behind the mirror.........wires, wires, wires :anguished:
Cool, yeah I had a toll collection thingy attached to the windscreen and centre console as well. Disconnected and removed it completely. Used to speak to you in Japanese everything the ignition come on.

Back