Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

79 series ute lift kits

goatwranglerclinton

Hi I'm trying to find where I can get an off the shelf 6 inch or bigger lift kit for my 2001 hzj79r series Landcruiser ute. The biggest I can find is a 3 inch. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Hey bud, have you tried Tough Dog suspension??? My boss is the NZ dealer for it, but I see your in Adelaide, so you should have a dealer close to you.

A few of the club members have been having work done by Chris at FNB, which isnt too far from you. :icon-biggrin:

Chris is a top guy and I'm sure he will be happy to help. :thumbup:

http://www.fnb4wd.com.au/

I'm not sure you will get bigger than a 3" suspension lift without getting something custom made.

You could always do a 3" suspension lift and 3" bodylift.

Why do you want such a big lift? :think:

Fabrication and machining is what I do :D . I just need to know what needs to be made or modified so I got something to work off

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How do you mean the ute is too top heavy for a body lift? with a body lift you are only raising half the weight compared to a suspension lift, your engine, gearbox, chassis etc all stays lower to help keep a lower center of gravity.

Personally I cant see why you would ever want to lift a cruiser that much. :?

You certainly wouldn't need that much lift to run 37"s. :think:

Personally I cant see why you would ever want to lift a cruiser that much. :?

You certainly wouldn't need that much lift to run 37"s. :think:

Tongue firmly in cheek, maybe he's going for 44's :whistle:

Building the cruiser from the ground up and want to test out some stuff I haven't seen many people do before. I'm into rocky hill climbs and want to try and fit out the ute as best I can to minimise damage and future costs and of cause I don't feel like getting stuck

In the hope your looking for inspiration please look at this coz i would luv to see a Cruiser version of this truck
jeep-kaiser_a7f2a_zps7bad67f2.jpg

allot can be learnt from the jeep wrangler crowd when prepping a vehicle for offroad, they tent to stick with very small lift kits if any and fit virtual lifts ie. chop the arches out to gain clearance for tyres and make completely flat undersides so if they do bottom out they're more likely to slide over

this is a 70 with what looks to be 37" tyres or bigger and I can pretty safely say is is standard height suspension, maybe 2"

http://www.njuskalo.hr/auti/toyota-land-cruiser-lj-70-oglas-4838233

toyota-land-cruiser-lj-70-slika-12712735.jpg

Last edited:
What about Portal axles and a 3 or 4" suspension lift?

Back