Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 and 100 Series drawers

They look really nice CG. They make my design look like something out if the ISS. :)
I think I should be using birch ply for the carcass. It does look really nice. What thickness did you go for in the end? Looks like 18mm with a smattering of 25mm?

They look really nice CG. They make my design look like something out if the ISS. :)
I think I should be using birch ply for the carcass. It does look really nice. What thickness did you go for in the end? Looks like 18mm with a smattering of 25mm?
Thanks sc.
1/2" and 5/8" ply.:)

Well, here's where I'm at so far. It's nothing wonderful, but hopefully practical. I've got a single tray drawer that allows me to put two large boxes on holding all the heavy stuff, with just enough room to put our stove in between. Capacity of the runners is rated at 80kg. There's a 'top deck' that I've yet to fit some tie down points to where we can put more stuff, and I also fitted a rail on the back door that holds 4 old respirator cases.
Our beds, seats etc. fit very nicely behind the box in the gap behind the back seat.
upload_2017-7-25_13-58-40.png

upload_2017-7-25_13-58-57.png

upload_2017-7-25_13-59-13.png

upload_2017-7-25_13-59-27.png

upload_2017-7-25_13-59-43.png

upload_2017-7-25_13-59-57.png

So far I'm happy with it, just a few more bits to play around with, then we'll see how it all works togetther on our travels.......

Wow... these Drifta drawers look fantastic...totally reflecting the basic reliablility of the old KISS principle.. for me and I suspect a good many owners who use the Cruiser as a DD this is definitely a great design concept... shame the freight is so mad as usual, but deffo filing this away for inspiration for a self build.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back