Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 On the water

madmanmart

My dad has finally ordered a 80 from Japan and it’s currently floating across to the uk.
I’m not much for the wheels but it looks like a good one.

2235682F-C3B0-4F10-8725-73448E42FE06.jpeg
C1E03253-2B76-49AF-B3CB-1B84ACF500A4.jpeg
FB2B83E3-BC91-4D02-828A-55A1B5EE6CAD.jpeg
D5D5D412-8535-41DC-A60C-B6FE0822BC07.jpeg

The lift kit will either be up for sale or end up on my truck, will be getting some heavy rust prevention when it gets here.

Wish I was having it myself lol.

hopefully its as good as he hopes mate .if its not he will be looking for another......

looks well.

hopefully its as good as he hopes mate .if its not he will be looking for another......

looks well.

So do I for the money it’s costing. It’s only done 120k kilometres though so nothing.

Green one will be up for sale eventually.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, if the rest of the truck is in the same condition as the underside appears to be, it’s far better than anything you can hope to find that’s spent it’s life over here. A quick jet wash and it’s ready for the rust prevention treatment. I don’t like the wheels either but they should sell easily if you decide to change them. No idea what the cost of importin* such a vehicle is but it looks a good buy.:thumbup:

That looks mint underneath. What spec is it? Any JDM goodies?

That looks mint underneath. What spec is it? Any JDM goodies?

It's a 24v diesel Manual which is hard to find in Japan, I don't think it has axle lockers but that won't matter as my old mans never been off road in any of his cruisers.

Seeing as the Japs are not known for being tall .... You have to wonder how the previous owner used to get into it ........perhaps it comes with a set of those steps caravans use ;-)

Looks to be a good one!

I really like those headlights!

It's a 24v diesel Manual which is hard to find in Japan, I don't think it has axle lockers but that won't matter as my old mans never been off road in any of his cruisers.
It will almost certainly have a limited slip diff in the rear axle. Possibly cloth seats on the VX (which I prefer) which are good. Mirror on the wing and a fair bit of chrome but other than that pretty much the same as uk spec. At least if mine is anything to go by that is. Mine was like it had just come out the factory underneath and around the engine bay.

I hope your pop likes it. I can’t imagine he wouldn’t.

Last edited:
And very nice too, it is...

Ready for some underbody protection system, maybe, before the demon salt gets it teeth into it this winter?

Wow.
its also got the access panel and the connector for the sub tank.
interesting..

If you don't mind me asking... what sort of £££ are we talking? A local company is doing JDM imports...

If you don't mind me asking... what sort of £££ are we talking? A local company is doing JDM imports...

Cost around £17k inc VAT. :flushed:
We'll get the VAT back though.

You will be able to get an auto cheaper, as I said the JDM manuals are a lot rarer.

Back