Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series 24V Complete EGR removal

He should have known better:eusa-naughty:...Shayne seams to have Mastered the Technique 'Tho':thumbup:

There's a large clue under the bonnet called an air filter. Only filtered air should go into the engine. lol.

There's a large clue under the bonnet called an air filter. Only filtered air should go into the engine. lol.

Hence we delete the EGR and fit catch cans ;)

There's no technique Higgy and the first time i did it to any engine i too feared the catastrophic consequence i might incur .

But then i got to thinking why when we buy an old runaround town bus does it get a new lease on life when we take it out and thrash it (Italian tune up) . My old ford transit tipper was my test vehicle and the resulting belch of black smoke surely did improve things considerably .

No belch from any of my cruisers but then they all ran well even before i thrashed them . The circa 15 year old Toyota Corolla 1.9 d4d i bought for my daughter in law though had less than 40k miles on the clock and had probably only been used to go collect pension from the post office .

£3700 i think i paid and wynns egr cleaner went in it right there on the forecourt , my daughter who loved the car on her test drive actually stopped through fear at the mighty belch of black smoke the car produced less than a mile on .

She was grinning like a cheshire cat when we stopped at the first motorway service station .

As technique goes warm the engine first because warm metal is more resilient , and if you want to see your engine self destruct just hold your finger on the spray bottle button for say 5 seconds to have your pistons rattling a misfire at around 10,000rpm !

Could any sensors that are needed to keep lights off on dash not be kept and rerouted?

So I havent found that much info on completely removing the EGR setup from a 24v 80 series so thought Id start a thread.

Im fitting a cross country top mount intercooler so the existing EGR/top pipe setup is deleted anyway so thought I may as well remove all the EGR gubbins too.

Julian at OC pointed me towards this thread. Which is pretty good (Google translate necessary)

Отключение ЕГР на 1HD-FT. Фаза 2 - финал. - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

And then I found this thread too

Snellimento sistema EGR a cura di andreaPE - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

So the re-plumbing seems fairly straightforward - you remove all the sensors/solenoids and leave the one solenoid (blue plug) on the intake manifold. The air feed from the turbo then goes direct to the diaphragm on the fuel pump.

Then the pipe to the pump just below that then Ts off with the blue solenoid and the pipe that drops down the front of the engine

Ive just completed this but waiting on my EGR manifold blank to arrive. Then I can test it#

It seems a few dash lights can appear including glow plug (which would anyway for me as the preheater is deleted), but also SRS light and Brake Vacuum light. Im working my way through the russian thread and will see if I can work out what they did

Anyway else done it completely, with success?
Hi Michael,
Have you completed this egr removal? How did it go for you?
I'm looking to do the same on my 1HD-ft.

Cheers

Back