walesdale

Supporter
Country Flag
wales
Hello all
Having problems with egr valve modulator
Any one ever blanked one off. done away with it
Thanks dale

Probably just about everyone who owns a 24v 80 series. Try the search facility. Pretty simple but you need some proper blanking plates. There's quite a bit of pressure behind them. Or just disable them by blanking the vacuum hose.

I will be setting up a purchase thread for these in the new year if you can hang on Walesdale...

I will be setting up a purchase thread for these in the new year if you can hang on Walesdale...

...........or if you don't want to wait you could knock some up from some 6mm plate. Just use the gaskets as a pattern. Use steel for the exhaust manifold blank but you could use Ali for blanking the ports on the air intake/crossover pipe.

Last edited:
Getting the exhaust manifold one right is critical. Near enough won't do.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Forgive my ignorance here, but do all 80's have an EGR, I have been told my 1994 80 doesn't.

Unsure if any 12v engined vehicles had them but not all 24v models had EGR. Some markets had it (UK for one) some didn't.
If it has EGR it'll look something like this..........

EGR_zps89a31682.jpg

My 91 doesn't have egr. Take a picture of you engine chas

Only not usually as clean as that....

Unsure if any 12v engined vehicles had them but not all 24v models had EGR. Some markets had it (UK for one) some didn't.
If it has EGR it'll look something like this..........
Thanks TP. No there's nothing like that on the top of my engine.

Will deal with the list first dude for which I apologise sincerely. ..

Hello again
I forgot to mention my 80 is a petrol
I've been looking at the diagram and it all looks a bit complicated
Is it still ok to blank off the egr
The problem I got is that when I bought it the hose from the egr modulator was off.when I put it back on, the modulator melted due to the exhaust pressure from below the egr Valve
and it wouldn't pull you out of bed
Any info would help
Thanks

This is how mine is plugged in, not sure if its right or not.

IMG_4553.jpg

This is how mine is plugged in, not sure if its right or not.

View attachment 17089

Looks like yours have been disabled by disconnecting the vacuum feed. When working, the large metal valve assemblies should be connected to the small electrically operated valves just below them in the pic. Disabling them this way, if the large metal valves themselves don't seal 100%, there can still be some leakage of exhaust gases into the inlet tract. That's why it's probably best to remove or block off the valves completely. Still better than having them connected though! JMO

Last edited:
Back